x

How do I connect my shipping carrier (FedEx, UPS, USPS) account with my Square Online Store website?

How do I connect my shipping carrier (FedEx, UPS, USPS) account with my Square Online Store website?

Message 1 of 89
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @secondwindbb-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community!

You can connect your UPS account with your Square Online Store within the Advanced Settings section:

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions about this! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 89
88 REPLIES 88
Square Community Moderator

Hey @msmoore2,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller asked the same question.

Check out the last page of this thread for the answer. @JustinC answered it on that one!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 64 of 89

When I try to set up my shipping options USPS isn’t available to select.  I can’t figure out how to make this the preferred method.  

Message 65 of 89

Hey @Jguerin,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller asked the same thing.

Check out the last page for more details. 

Ashley C
Message 66 of 89

You still haven't answered the question or solved the problem? Why can't I get real time shipping calculation with USPS United States Postal Service! I do not want to keep getting updates about UPS United Parcel Service

Message 67 of 89
Beta Member

That answer does not work.  Still the USPS is grayed out.  Even with the Performance package.  Been going back and forth this this for some months now and no clear answer.  --abigkahuna

Message 68 of 89
Admin

USPS is grayed out because it's connecting using our own integration details (unlike UPS). When you go to Settings > Shipping, edit your region, then create a real-time shipping rate, you'll be able to choose USPS there for rate options. In order to use real-time shipping you'll need to upgrade to the next higher level plan, though.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 69 of 89
Beta Member

So what exactly is the Performance Plan to do when it says it automatically calculates shipping.  I have to enter the rates (zones) so it is not so automatic.  Next question then, can I run my square through shippo for shipping and back?  The customer saves money that way...  Regards, abigkahuna

Message 70 of 89
Beta Member

Hello Adam,

There is no difference then between the real time shipping of the Free and the Performance--and as far as I can ascertain there is no difference between the Performance (Mid-level) and the Top Tier.  Weight is calculated, but not zone.  If there is no real difference between any of the two levels, what am I paying for?

Is it possible to run it all through a third party app like shippo and have have the customer charged appropriately?

Message 71 of 89
Admin

The discount on shipping rates is only included with the Performance and Premium plans, although the amount of the discount will vary based on a variety of factors (box size, destination location vs shipping location, etc). Real-time shipping itself is only part of the Premium plan, though. 

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 72 of 89

I am in the same boat with everyone else reading this thread, I'm sure. My USPS button is greyed out and I somehow cannot connect it to my website to use. It sounds like the solution is to upgrade your account, but to no avail (I haven't upgraded my account but it is what I've been reading from the thread). A lot of people use Shippo and Stamps.com in order to complete shipping, I use Pirateship.com and it is very easy to use. I haven't debuted my website yet so I haven't made any sales, but that is why I'm here, so I can try to figure out shipping before I debut my website. If anyone has any suggestions or solutions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Message 73 of 89

Did you ever get a clear answer?  I'm just setting up my shipping and this thread is beyond frustrating.

Message 74 of 89

No, I have not gotten a clear answer yet. I don't think anyone has unfortunately 😕 I've stayed subscribed to this thread so if anyone does have a solution/posts about it, I'll get notified

Message 75 of 89

Hey @TheDudenAbides

Welcome to the Community. 

Are you experiencing the issue with your UPS button being greyed out? Or was there another issue you're seeing?

Like Bernadette mentioned, you cannot use your personal UPS account since we have one established already. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

And @envelopeenvyco - I would recommend reaching out to our Square Online advocates, so they can take a deeper look into this for you. 

1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport

Kassi
Message 76 of 89

I am also having problems connecting my UPS account, it says to correct errors but there are no known errors. Is there a support email I can contact? 

Message 77 of 89

Hey @LBCMFG,

Welcome to the Community. It's always nice to see a new face.

Our Support team will be able to look into this with you.

When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Let me know if I can assist you with anything else.

Message 78 of 89
Beta Member

Still no suggested steps to take to connect UPS to square account?

Madeline she/her
Message 79 of 89

Nope. I've emailed with the account manager I spoke with a few times but haven't gotten any response.

Message 80 of 89

I was having an issue with shipping labels and customer support told me to disconnect my UPS account. Bad advice.

I can no longer use UPS, can't connect it back because the message I receive is "I am already connected so I need to disconnect it", which I already did since it's no longer an option for me to select. Support has been on this for over a week and no timeframe for a repair is given. Meanwhile, my customers are stuck with USPS until a fix is completed and I know for a fact many people don't want to use the post office, especially now that the rates are going up again.

Some support people are way better than others so be careful what they tell you to do.

Message 81 of 89

Welcome to the Seller Community, @LederEasel 👋

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your UPS settings. Did the support team confirm if this was a bug? This thread has a mix of different questions, and I'm not sure if the error you see is from an older reported bug, or a new issue that has popped up. 

Can you post a link to your site so I can take a look?  We wouldn't be able to troubleshoot through this forum page, but we can at least try to see if we can confirm the bug status for you. 

Message 82 of 89

My website is www.ledereasel.com.

I've been told from Weebly that the issue I'm having isn't just mine, it's apparently something that's bugging more than a few people.

I can't use UPS until they resolve the issue and since it's going on 10 days my gut feeling is they're not trying real hard, wanting Weebly people to switch over to Square. 

Thanks for looking into this.

I'll answer any questions you may have, please contact me directly if you'd like.

Message 83 of 89

Thanks for the information. I do see that your case has been escalated to the advanced support team, and they have filed a bug for this issue. I cannot provide an ETA, unfortunately, but I will keep an eye on the bug status and will let you know if I see any updates. 

When you had UPS connected, was it through Shippo, or did you have a UPS account you signed up for through your Weebly account? What was the initial issue you had? I see you mentioned "shipping labels" but I wasn't able to find the case from the original rep that asked you to disconnect. 

Message 84 of 89