x

How do I delete a category on my Square Online website?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How do I delete a category in Square Online Store Weebly template?

Hi - I can't seem to find the answer of how to delete a category page that I no longer want using the Weebly templates that came with the Square Online Store.

Is that possible or am I stuck with this category forever? 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 34
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

You can delete a category by heading to your Square Online overview page > Items > Site Categories hover over the category you want to delete to view the Add subcategory and Delete category icons:

Let me know if you have any questions about this, @PlantSellerYEG! 🪴 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 28 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Thank you for the detailed response...I was looking everywhere and could not figure it out.  Thank you.

Message 22 of 34
Beta Member

@YABOI-J thank you so much for sharing this! 
Definitely unintuitive, but your explanation was STELLAR. 

Really appreciate the time you took to lay this out for others! 👏🙌

Message 23 of 34
Beta Member

anyone else "Arrange & Add Category Links" not work?

For some reason I have categories that show on my online store, but are not visible ANYWHERE else. And I'm trying to delete them via the advice above but the "Arrange &Add Category Links" button doesn't do anything.

Message 24 of 34

Hey! Did you figure out what was going on? My online store shows category that I had already deleted, and there is no other way for me to delete from my page as its already deleted. TIA

Message 25 of 34
Square Community Moderator

Hello @keterliving

and welcome to our Seller Community, we're always happy to see new faces! ☺️

Can you please share the name of the category that you deleted along with your website address? 

I'll be happy to take a look at what's going on. 

Thank you. 

Frances
Message 26 of 34
Beta Member

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Why are some item categories hidden in Square Online?

I created a few new item categories and did not add any items to them in Square Online a few weeks ago. Today, I tried loading my item categories but they are not shown in the list and can only be found when searching specifically for them one by one. When I did find them by search, my attempts to delete the category results in duplicating the category, not deleting them. fml. 

How can I delete these categories? 

Message 27 of 34
Alumni

Best Answer

You can delete a category by heading to your Square Online overview page > Items > Site Categories hover over the category you want to delete to view the Add subcategory and Delete category icons:

Let me know if you have any questions about this, @PlantSellerYEG! 🪴 

Valentina
Message 28 of 34

Good grief!  I shouldn't have to be in overview mode to delete a category.  This could be easier done in Edit mode.

Message 29 of 34

Thank you for the feedback @kevans at this time the focus of our editor is to facilitate designing or putting together your website. All account-specific features are edited on the Square Online Overview page. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers' interest in your request.

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Message 30 of 34

Hello! 

New Square user and I was having the same issue. Inadvertantly I had added a duplicate item under category pages. Not quite sure how I did it. But I noticed there was also a duplicate item in my library of products. I deleted that and when I did, it deleted the extra item on the webpage. Now if I could just get the other items to add themselves to the website from my library, that would be awesome! And so my journey continues.... 

Message 31 of 34

If you are having a small or medium business that needs to process credit card payments on a relatively smaller scale, then there are a wide range of options out there including Square. In fact, you may know Square as that plastic white or black card reader that you can easily plug into your smartphone or tablet and process a payment.For more information visit our website Visit Us

Message 32 of 34

the category i want to delete is showing up on my published web site but it is not listed as a category so i cannot figure out how to get rid of it. where else would it be?

Message 33 of 34

Hey @paulachenderson,

Thanks for writing in with this question!

You might have this category on your Dashboard, but not on your Square Online dashboard. Head to your Square Online dashboard > Items > Site Categories. Please let us know how you go!

Message 34 of 34