x

How do I download/generate monthly statements?

How do I download, or otherwise generate, monthly statements?

Message 1 of 60
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @bobsmithagency, thanks for bringing this up. I wanted to circle back on this question and clarify that we do not currently offer monthly statements, but you can access your sales activity for any period of time from your Sales Summary tab.

In addition, you can download your transaction history. For step-by-steps on this, have a look at our Support Center.

Rest assured that I'll be passing your post over to our Reporting team so they can make improvements based on your feedback. Please don't hesitate to reply with any other questions!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

Yes, I agree, this feature seems like it would be the most basic of actions we should be able to take, and with the click of just a few buttons.  I can't believe Square doesn't offer this. 

Message 43 of 60
Beta Member

Agreed. If it wasn't for a) having invested in a $300 terminal; and b) having written my own code to create a basic statement, we'd have moved over to Stripe already.

I haven't configured my solution (see post for github link) for sorting by customers, just by transaction date. The code can certainly be modified for grouping by customer if you or someone you know codes in PHP and if you have a webserver where you can run the code from. It is still a manual process to export, download, copy and paste the transaction log from Square...

Nonetheless, it is something that Square really needs to implement for themselves. As you can read in this thread, you're not alone in wanting better reporting features.

Message 44 of 60

this feature really does need to be added. I screwed myself using "square card" because it was so easy and convenient but there still is not any way to show a statement for the balance and I need it to apply for a loan for my business.  

Message 45 of 60

Hi there,

My bookkeeper is wanting me to download her a monthly statement of all my transactions so she can reconcile.

Is there a way to do this? Or is the only way to do a sales summary?

Message 46 of 60
Square Community Moderator

Hi! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community!! While you cannot download a report, you can break down your Sales Summary and Transactions by the month and then either take a screenshot or export the report to a CSV and give that to your bookkeeper. 🙂 Here is a screenshot of what that date selection looks like on both the Transactions tab and Sales Summary tab:

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 47 of 60
Beta Member

Square does not provide this.
Why? I have no idea. Has it been requested? For years. Why don't they add it? No clue. Is it annoying? Yes.

Is there a work-around?
YES!

I'm not one to get let something like this keep me from getting my boss the statement she wants and making her think I'm the best employee ever 🙂 If you have access to a web server and a bit of techie knowledge, you can download, install and freely modify my php script (see my post on Page 1 of this thread : https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/How-do-I-download-generate-monthly-statements/m-... )

If you want to test it out and upload your CSV file to my website (you'll have to trust my claim that I don't store anything; to quote Aladdin, "Do you trust me?"), message me and I'll send you a link to my company's live version to test out.

Message 48 of 60
Super Seller

You can export all transactions to csv.  You can even filter by date or location or other filters.  Click transactions from the menu.  Filter as needed.  Click export.  This is what I use to reconcile accounting.  It works great.  I have even created automatic reports and sales bar charts, line graphs, average sales by day of week, etc.

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 49 of 60

I don't want to trample over @StThereseInst great work and the solution is fantastic. But I needed a statement for invoices as well as transactions and I wanted something more automated than having to manually retrieve a csv file and to then manually input this into another web page. So I have designed something myself that I hope to bring to the square app market that would make it more seamless. I am not 100% sure how it will work yet as it will be a 3rd party website so I need to work out how this will link to your square account. Obviously this is what I need to work with Square on if they are happy to proceed. Just wanted some feedback on what you all think. I have a basic demo (link below). The filter part does not work yet, but the idea is to retrieve a list of customers with their invoices or transaction balances and then a print button that creates a pdf statement. This will also have the function of your own logo, address etc. Enough rambling for now, please find the link below

https://new.pkwebdesign.co.uk/square-statements/index.php?route=pksolutions/invoices

Message 50 of 60
Beta Member

@pak77 — Great to see others taking initiative on this as well!! I’m just a hack when it comes to coding, so the more real coders working on solving this problem, the better 🙂

As a note: The Square development contacted me a couple of months ago by phone to discuss what I considered required features for the built-in statement tool that they are working on. I hadn’t mentioned invoices as my needs were entirely for reporting card transactions; Hopefully they can add invoice reporting functionality too!

Message 51 of 60

Finally reading through the comments on this subject and you're telling me 6 years later and still no REAL bank statement feature. I love using square it's so easy. But I feel like not having this option is negligent. After doing business for a year using their square checking I finally need a line is credit or a real business loan and I can't get one. It's pathetic. And I honestly believed customer service when she said early next year. Yeah right. After reading these comments I doubt it happens. It's a complete joke. We're all business owners and this ask shouldn't be this out of reach. 

Message 52 of 60

I just searched everywhere in my square dashboard and cannot find any info about my square credit card transactions. I need to download my credit card transactions / statements. Note I am talking about the Mastercard I got from Square. I looked everywhere. Please help!

Message 53 of 60

Never mind. I found it.

Message 54 of 60

WHEREEEEEEEE DID YOU FIND IT??????  HELP PLEASE, CARD STATEMENT IS WHERE?

Message 55 of 60

Hello there @Joseph2022 Your Square Debit Card Activity can be found here. This window is located under Balance > Choose your location and then click on "View all activity". 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 56 of 60

Has there been any updates about this possible feature? I am in need of rolling monthly statements as well.

Message 57 of 60

Hello @ACromphout there have not been updated on this request. But we are making some changes to our feature request process. If you don't mind I will ask if you can submit a request on our Ideate Board, where we will be tracking and updating the requests. Please make sure to provide as much detail as possible for your business need for this request. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post (squ.re/Ideate-Commuity) from one of our Seller Community Moderators.  I know waiting for something to be built can be hard so thank you for waiting and I appreciate your input! 🙂

Message 58 of 60
Beta Member

If I have a square checking account why can we then not get a bank statement like ever other bank? I don't need my sales etc I need a bank statement for what I spent my business money on

Moore Family Businesses
Message 59 of 60

Hey @MooreFamily,

I'd be happy to help you, but before we begin, let me extend a warm welcome to the Community.

Please check out this Best Answer from JJ above.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Message 60 of 60