x

How do I edit just ONE appointment in a recurring series?

Hi,

I have recurring appointments set up for multiple clients. However, it seems Square is not intuitive enough to alert me if creating a new recurring appointment for a client will interfere or overlap with an existing recurring appointment of another client. (Would be very helpful if this could be a feature.) To fix this issue I sometimes need to manually change one or the other client's recurring appointment time on just ONE day here and there where the overlap occurs. However, when I attempt to do this Square only gives me the option of "Update Series", which I presume means it would change the time of all future appointments for this client. What is a way around this? To adjust only ONE appointment in a series. Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

It does sound like the first thing you brought up here would currently be considered a feature request.

You should have the option to edit a series or a single appointment, @HairologyVA!

If you're making this change from your Square Dashboard > Appointments > Calendar

Locate the appointment date you need to edit, and makes the changes needed, then press Save.
You'll see this pop-up with a couple of options:

You'll want to be sure to click Reschedule Appointment instead of Reschedule Series in order to make a one-time change within a recurring series of appointments. Note that you can see the appointment with an updated time here, but the ones before and after it are still scheduled for 2:00:

I hope this answers your question, but please let me know if I can dig in more here!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Best Answer

It does sound like the first thing you brought up here would currently be considered a feature request.

You should have the option to edit a series or a single appointment, @HairologyVA!

If you're making this change from your Square Dashboard > Appointments > Calendar

Locate the appointment date you need to edit, and makes the changes needed, then press Save.
You'll see this pop-up with a couple of options:

You'll want to be sure to click Reschedule Appointment instead of Reschedule Series in order to make a one-time change within a recurring series of appointments. Note that you can see the appointment with an updated time here, but the ones before and after it are still scheduled for 2:00:

I hope this answers your question, but please let me know if I can dig in more here!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Message 2 of 6

I was wondering is there a way to cancel only future recurring appointments from a certain date but leave previous appointments in my calendar? All I currently see is that it deletes all appointments past and future. 

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hi! Welcome to the Seller Community!! I've merged your post to an existing thread where @HairologyVA asked a similar question. While their thread was only to edit one part of a recurring appointment, I think you can do this for your series as well until you're ready to cancel. 

Another alternative is cancelling the recurring series and manually scheduling the client's remaining sessions. 

AshleyK
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

I have this same issue! I just rescheduled a series for a client and it deleted all their past appointments off my calendar. It's so weird!

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hey @elisekindya,

Thanks for adding your voice to this feature request thread. I can see how this would be handy to have available, we'll update this thread if we hear any news of this changing in the future.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 6