x
Super Seller

Square KDS & online orders

I keep getting myself confused 🤔 

using the KDS mainly with online orders, when should they show up on the KDS? 

I’m open tomorrow from 5 & have some pre orders in right now - one of them shows up on the KDS. No idea why this one does, but no others… under the settings I’ve got ‘show orders when placed’ switched on. 

As a side note, the timers for the KDS seem to show for when the order was placed rather than when it’s due for collection.

Pizza Is Chill

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Sam_400º 👋 Thanks for reaching out! I appreciate all the details here. Sounds a bit strange, indeed.

Would you mind disclosing when this order that is showing up was originally placed as opposed to the others that are not appearing in your queue?

I will keep an eye out for your response! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

@Joe The one that shows on the KDS is the latest order placed out of 15 for Saturday (2nd location) 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

- only just upgraded to the KDS so some Saturday orders were already in before might have an effect? 

Just checked my main location where all orders have come in since upgrading to th KDS, the first 3 collections for 6pm show, but the two most recent orders that are due for later collection. 

In the main app the 3 that show up show as ‘new’ with the two that don’t show being ‘upcoming’. 

I’m more confused than ever 😵💫

Pizza Is Chill

Message 4 of 4