x

How do I embed the Booking Site using iframes

Hello,

I currently use styleseat for my booking and on my website and I have the styleseat page embeded using iframes.  I want to use the square booking site as I am switching over to that scheduling instead however it will not work.

I do not want to use the square widget because frankly it's terrible, it is unclear and my clients have to scroll to see the services, it doesn't look good or professional and it also isn't clear about technicians or anything so all in all it just doesn't work for me.

The square booking site is at least somewhat functional so I would like to use that instead.

Currently my code is as follows

<iframe width="100%" height ="1440px" src="https://www.styleseat.com/m/book/v/BeautybyTinaMarie" frameborder ="0"></iframe>

This loads the styleseat booking page just fine within my website;  however when I update it to the square booking using this:

<iframe width="100%" height ="1440px" src="https://squareup.com/appointments/book/89C9QNVZWZCGK/knight-beautique-permanent-cosmetics-lash-brow-..." frameborder ="0"></iframe>

All it loads is a blank page. 

When I put the https://squareup.com/appointments/book/89C9QNVZWZCGK/knight-beautique-permanent-cosmetics-lash-brow-... address into the address bar of a web browser it loads just fine.

Am I missing something obvious or do I need to add some obscure squareup js code to my website or something?  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bump.

Does anyone have an answer for this?

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @KnightBeautique

The link you're using looks to be correct, however this might be an instance where it's not compatible with your website host. 

Have you reached out to them directly yet?  They might be able to help further, as it looks like you're doing everything right from the Square side of things. 

Message 3 of 5

Ah, darn.  That's exactly the answer I was hoping not to hear.

I have tried putting other random webpages in instead of styleseat and they all propogate properly, as does styleseat, which is a clear indicator that there is some issue with the square booking site specifically that is not allowing it to load.  I haven't had the same issue with anything else and I put a half dozen random pages in so I doubt my webhost could assist with anything.

I was hoping there was a chunk of code that was missing, a javascript or something that needed to be added but I guess the square booking site just won't work in iframes.

Thanks for the response!

Message 4 of 5

We are trying to embed the iframe using square space. I can't adjust it either. Searching the SS forums I found this answer to customizing the iframe.. "It is in iframe tag so No way to adjust it from Squarespace. You need to edit it from Square."

Message 5 of 5