x

how do I edit the "announcement banner" on the square online site.

online site has an "announcement banner" at  the top of the categories menu page.  How do I edit the info shown here?  This only appears when I use featured categories for my menu.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Super Seller

Hello @Rainforestchef !

Announcement banners can be found on your online dashboard at

Website -> Pop Ups

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 12

I have done the pop up announcement edit, that did not change the announcement banner under featured categories.

Message 3 of 12
Beta Member

After failing to figure it our for myself and then combing thru this topic a couple times. I gave up in frustration and called customer service. The Rep guided me to the answer in less than 5 minutes. See the screenshots for details

sq4.jpgsq2.jpgsq3.jpgsquare.jpg

Message 4 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi @chefsian 👋

I just wanted to hop in real quick to give you a big thank you for taking the time to provide these screenshots. 😊 I'm sure it will be helpful for others that come across this post. Thanks again! 

Message 5 of 12
Beta Member

This was super helpful. It was just what I was looking for.

Message 6 of 12

the announcement banner when a customer checks out featured categories.the announcement banner when a customer checks out featured categories.

Message 7 of 12
Super Seller

@Rainforestchefthat screen shot is a little hard to read for me, but it looks like we were talking about two different things. My apologies for leading you down the wrong path.

On your online webstore, go to Website-> Edit Site. Click the Banner link on the left side. You can customize text, background, and an image here.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 8 of 12

Thanks for trying, however, that link only edits the Main banner.  the banner I am referring to is when a customer chooses one of my menu categories, at the top of the next page is an "announcement banner" "stay up to date with our latest information" 

Message 9 of 12
Super Seller

@RainforestchefAha! I think I get it.

So, when your customer first goes onto your online store, they see categories instead of the full menu? Category pages have some random issues when trying to integrate into all the bells and whistles available on the restaurant side. Your best bet is to make your site show the restaurant version of the page:

Make your website page type is Order Online (restaurant). Check this on the online dashboard -> Website -> Edit site -> the gear icon at the top of the page -> Edit Template.

If you've custom-created pages beyond the simple order online page, there are probably some other tricks you can do. Unfortunately, I haven't played around with the website editor enough to really dig into this part.

We'll get to the bottom of this! 🙂

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 10 of 12

when I go to edit site. the little gear icon next to "home" icon only give me "duplicate page" or "page settings" of which none give me the ability to change that banner.  Is it because I don't have an ipad?  I may just leave my website listed by items instead of categories.  The featured categories option looks nice, but too many issues.

Message 11 of 12
Super Seller

@Rainforestchef  Yes, I do recommend keeping it with all items shown instead of the categories. I wish the category pages worked with all the restaurant-specific tweaks but it doesn't.

Here is how I have my site editor configured:

ol.jpg

I created one category page labeled Order Online and made this my homepage. Clicking on the three dots on the Order Online gives me this popup:

pagetype.jpg

I can now customize the header and all text shown by clicking on the Order Online category page from the main editor screen:

edit.jpg

I think this will help you get past the random banner image. If you make the Order Online page one page of many, I believe the same rules apply, except this won't be set as your homepage--just linked to from other pages. My published site is at http://rnrcoffeecafe.square.site if you want to take a look at a final setup.

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 12 of 12