x

How do I get my passcode?

Please let me know how to get my passcode, thanks

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @dino20001 - Violet here, stepping in for @BernadetteA while she's out of the office. I'm sorry to hear that this frustrating issue with your passcode has brought you to the Seller Community😥

Since you don't know your 4-digit passcode for your Point of Sale, I suggest logging into your Square Dashboard online to locate this information. You'll just need your email address and password to sign in there. You'll need to go to your Account & Settings page and then you'll see the passcode under the Sign in & security tab on the right.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any further trouble. I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 👀

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Alumni

Hi @deb4 - I'm not exactly sure which passcode you're referring to. Can you explain in a little bit more detail what you're looking to find? Thanks!

Message 2 of 12

I have a passcode that will not work on my new tablet?
Message 3 of 12
Alumni

Hey @joanie2047 - Is the passcode you are inputting into your tablet an employee passcode or a device code?

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 12
Beta Member

It is asking me to enter my passcode with anything I try to do

Message 5 of 12

Hey there @loribethsandefu 👋

In this case it may be the Owner Passcode and this one can be found on your Square Dashboard under Account and Settings. If that is not the passcode then, please share a screenshot or share details on where is this passcode being prompted.

JJ
Message 6 of 12

Yes I hace never set up passcode and I can't do anything as it pops up .. whatbis the passcode and who put it on my square and why 

Message 7 of 12

It's asking me to put in a passcode on my phone and I don't have it I don't even remember setting one

Message 8 of 12

Hi @Soulfuljacuisin Welcome to the Community 🎉

Try looking under Account Settings > Personal Information

You should see a section that says Owner Passcode (Point of Sale)

Message 9 of 12

You can't àccess any of that because it asks for a passcode!! Grrrr so frustrating 

Message 10 of 12

Best Answer

Hi @dino20001 - Violet here, stepping in for @BernadetteA while she's out of the office. I'm sorry to hear that this frustrating issue with your passcode has brought you to the Seller Community😥

Since you don't know your 4-digit passcode for your Point of Sale, I suggest logging into your Square Dashboard online to locate this information. You'll just need your email address and password to sign in there. You'll need to go to your Account & Settings page and then you'll see the passcode under the Sign in & security tab on the right.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any further trouble. I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 👀

Violet
Message 11 of 12

For me, it was the same code that I use, to login to my Square register. The same one that I use, to see reports, on the register, or to edit items. When I went to add Square, to my iphone, it simply asks for a passcode, without explanation. It took me a bit, to figure it out. Obviously, Square could do a better job explaining, during the mobile setup process.

Message 12 of 12