x
Beta Member

Can remote clock-in from the Teams app be limited to specific permissions groups?

I have a graphic designer that works remotely and wouldn't be clocking in from the POS.  I don't want to grant all my servers permissions to clock-in from the app.  Is there a way to restrict remote clock-in to different job types or permissions profiles?

Rambler
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hi there @RedRamblerBrent ️ 

You can manage your team’s ability to clock in or out from their Square Team app - and/or block early and unscheduled clock-ins.
Start by
logging into Timecards in your online Square Dashboard, and select Settings > Clock in/out.

• Toggle Clock in/out from Team App on or off.
    • When the Clock in/out from Team App setting is disabled in Timecards, your team will only be able to clock in/out of the Square Point of Sale app.

• When the setting is enabled in Timecards, your team will also be able to clock in/out using the Team App.

• Toggle Block early and unscheduled clock-ins on or off.

• If you’ve enabled the setting to block clocking in early, your staff will see a notification in the Team app if they attempt to clock in before their shift starts.

• If the setting is disabled, there will not be a notification related to an early clock-in attempt.

At this time, it is not possible to toggle the ability for the graphic designer to clock in remotely using the Team App ON without allowing your servers to do the same. You could opt to toggle ON the Block early and unscheduled clock-ins to keep staff from clocking in using the Team App prior to their scheduled shift.

Another option would be to create a separate Square account through which you could manage your graphic designer's timecards isolated from your shop staff members. Please let us know if any questions come up about this in the meantime.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

It would be nice if there was at least a report that could be run to show the source of the clock in to mitigate the hassle of having to create another account to manage.  Seems like a miss given the workplace dynamic shift to more remote services.

Rambler
Message 3 of 4

I agree that Square should do better on this.  I'd like certain employees/roles to be able to clock in/out on the Teams app but not everyone.  I can't believe there isn't a better way to manage that access or a report as you suggested to review (although that wouldn't be as helpful as fixing it with better ability to restrict)..  

Message 4 of 4