x
Beta Member

Will Square Loyalty be developing customer referral + affiliate components?

Hi there,

I have a Square / Weebly online store where we sell care cosmetics. We operate pretty much 100% of our business from online. We've been looking for a seamless loyalty + customer referral + affiliate (brand ambassador) program for our growing business.

We want to be able to reward our repeat customers for organically supporting and spreading the word about our offerings to their friends and followers, especially in the midst of the current times. Some customers have larger followings and have asked about being an Ambassador for our brand. I see that the initial request for a Square Customer Referral program has been brought to the Sellers Community over 4 years ago, at this time. There are many good stories and Square customer insight being shared on the thread. Currently, I know we have Square Loyalty which lets us reward our repeat customers, and that's about it.

In my search for a Square POS-friendly solution, I found that Square has a newer-but-limited integration with the all-in-one Loyalty solution, TapMango.

This Square + TapMango integration seems like the preceding step in Square Software developments to a newer, fully-flushed native Loyalty solution for Square customers. However, it seems this integration could also be Square's best answer to customers' long-standing demand for a Loyalty + Customer Referral + Affiliate Marketing all-in-one.

My question: is there any chance that Square is building its own all-encompassing loyalty / affiliate / customer referral program that is native to Square POS / Square Online / Square+Weebly Stores? Preferably as the expanded, robust upgrade to the current Square Loyalty solution? If so, would current Square Loyalty Points be unaffected if Square Loyalty were to be built all the way out, (as in it is safe to invest in Square Loyalty now and eventually have the full all-in-one program when the Loyalty upgrade is ready)? 🙂

I know I need an all-in-one Loyalty solution soon, as many others have previously stated over the years with their business and business needs.

Since all-in-one loyalty programs are implemented to help grow businesses and grow the customer database, I ideally want to choose a Loyalty solution and stick with it. I can already imagine the mayhem of manually transferring data between two different loyalty solutions on the back-end: moving points/rewards, expiring reward dates for some Loyalty customers on file, having upset and confused customers if there are oopsies with the manual transfers - no thanks 😅

I just don't know what Square will answer with. Right now, we're considering investing in TapMango for next year, 2021.

However, I'd love to know if there is any new updates/good news about a full-feature loyalty program solution in the works by Square, before I try out a third-party.

Thank you kindly for your time.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

I would be interested in this as well.  I have people that want to promote my listings and I want to reimburse them with a share of the sale, either percentage of listing sale or specific dollar amount.  I also want the payout to be immediate, so I don't have to worry about paying them later.  Is there a way Square can pay me and my affiliate different amounts for each sale made?

Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

I'm back with an update after getting off the phone with a representative from TapMango. I asked about whether the TapMango + Square Integration is specifically Square Online (e-commerce) friendly. Short answer I was told: it's not.

The representative shared that the integration is only available for Brick-and-mortar businesses with a POS, and that an integrated e-commerce solution isn't available at this time. It wasn't high priority either, which was actually surprising to me.

With us being 7+ months in a global pandemic where online shopping is even more of a no-brainer for consumers who are spending more time home, I'd think an e-commerce loyalty all-in-one would be at least on the table, since customers are helping to keep their favorite businesses going in unpredictable times like these — simply because they genuinely love their favorite brands.

Which brings me back to the idea of a Square Loyalty expansion vs. the search for a compatible third-party all-in-one loyalty program.

Again, a fully-flushed Square Loyalty Program that is intuitive and all-in-one (Loyalty rewards, Customer referral, Affiliate/Ambassador Program, birthday rewards, seamless text/email marketing) would be wonderful. If there's any word on developments from Square, it seems investing in Square Loyalty now would make sense in the long run.

Thank you, looking forward to it.

Message 3 of 8

Hi HXH.  Di you ever receive a reply?  I'm reading the string and can't find one. 

Thx. 

Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

Hi zcommons,

no reply yet I'm afraid 😞 but hopefully there will be good news soon

Message 5 of 8

following! All of this is exactly what we are looking for, even as a brick and mortar primary. But Trying to understand the best solution between Square loyalty vs Square marketing. I've learned that integrations only cause problems on our end, so I am trying to avoid any third party systems. Any updates or guidance re using square loyalty vs marketing for this?

Message 6 of 8

I would love that too. TapMango is expensive and not available in Australia that I can see.

Message 7 of 8
Beta Member

As a growing E-Comm business as well, I am very interested in this as well. So much that I am currently shopping other platforms, Shopify offers this exactly and way more options. I have truly enjoyed and appreciated Square, but their lack of innovation and ability to allow is users to remain competitive in Online markets is why I'm looking elsewhere. 

Joshua B. Tolen
Message 8 of 8