x

Item description note showing up in invoice

I run an instrument repair business so most of my items are service related.  Each service has a core description which describes the general service.  When I create an invoice I will select an item ie: String Change x1 job which ha a description to go along with it. Now, if I include a note with extra work done that I might not be charging for my description portion will not show up and only the note when I look at the pdf preview and when I open the sent invoice via text or email.  My concern is all the work looks like just the note and not including the description.  
thank you

Mike

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Item descriptions used to automatically be included with invoices and estimates. It looks like they just vanished in recent months with no explanation. How do we get this back? We are also a service provider and we our customers want to see all the various items that come with our service offering. 

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @WonderTent thanks for reaching out and letting us know, I am sorry you are having some issues. 

Can you make sure you have the item description turned on, Account & Settings -> Business -> Receipt -> Items and total

If you are still having an issue please let me know. 

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Thank you MayaP - glad to get a solution. Not sure why square changed it from being automatic to now being something you have to select but glad to get it resolved.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Glad I could help! Have a good one @WonderTent .

Message 5 of 5