x

How do I prevent sales tax from applying to custom amounts?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Sales tax on custom amounts

Hi, Square is recording sales tax on Custom Amounts.   Does anyone know how I can prevent this?    Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

You can change this setting in just a few steps @cdaddy74!

Start by heading over to the Taxes page of your Square Dashboard. You should see the tax(es) you've created listed here - to the far right of the name of the tax, you'll see a button that says Apply to Items. When you click this button, you'll get a pop-up screen that looks like this at the top:

To ensure that the tax you've selected to edit does not apply to custom amounts, please un-check the box next to the phrase Custom Amounts in the pop-up. If you have more than one tax, you'll want to repeat this step for each tax until none of the boxes next to Custom Amounts are checked.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Best Answer

You can change this setting in just a few steps @cdaddy74!

Start by heading over to the Taxes page of your Square Dashboard. You should see the tax(es) you've created listed here - to the far right of the name of the tax, you'll see a button that says Apply to Items. When you click this button, you'll get a pop-up screen that looks like this at the top:

To ensure that the tax you've selected to edit does not apply to custom amounts, please un-check the box next to the phrase Custom Amounts in the pop-up. If you have more than one tax, you'll want to repeat this step for each tax until none of the boxes next to Custom Amounts are checked.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2