x

Terminal Information Required

We currently use the square epos app on our stand/iPad connected via the hub to a usb printer that also triggers the cash drawer etc for our retail shop and coffee shop and we use an additional iPad for taking orders in the coffee shop and then save the order on tickets for payment at the end. 

We want to separate the two businesses (long story)  BUT still have one person in the shop taking payment. We think it would look strange (and expensive) to run two iPad based epos stands next to each other and thought that maybe we could use a “terminal” for the coffee shop payments.

My questions are these:-

Could we use an iPad to take orders and save as tickets as we currently do that would synch with a terminal ?

Can we take cash as well as card through a terminal ?

Many thanks

Tony

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @tonybassplayer -  Tickets will sync across devices as long each device is signed into the same account/location and Open tickets are enabled for each device under settings.  

The best way to separate your Retail sales from your Coffee shop is by creating a new location or a separate account and sign into each device respectively. However, the caveat to this is your tickets will not sync with this type of set up.

To add, the Terminal does accept both cash and card tenders. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @tonybassplayer -  Tickets will sync across devices as long each device is signed into the same account/location and Open tickets are enabled for each device under settings.  

The best way to separate your Retail sales from your Coffee shop is by creating a new location or a separate account and sign into each device respectively. However, the caveat to this is your tickets will not sync with this type of set up.

To add, the Terminal does accept both cash and card tenders. 

Justin
Message 2 of 4

Many thanks

Much appreciated 

Tony

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

No worries! Glad I could provide clarity 🙂

@tonybassplayer

Justin
Message 4 of 4