x

How do I print multiple tickets from 1 printer?

Hello,

We are a small cafe and I was hoping to b e able to print multiple tickets for 1 transaction to one printer. For example print a drink ticket and a kitchen ticket. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Ev

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hello @HevEv !

This is definitely a possibility with the Point of Sale app! If you're using any of the other apps (Restaurant, Register, Terminal, etc.) this should be possible by following the same steps, but I can't be sure since I'm only running the PoS app myself...

Create a new printer station for each type of order ticket you want. Name them accordingly. Something like Receipt, Drink, Kitchen. Have each printer station point at your one printer.

For the Drink and Kitchen stations, enable the "Order Tickets" setting. Choose the categories you want printed to that specific station.

Every ticket rung in will now print order tickets for each printer station on your one printer. The order they come out should be dictated by the order the stations are listed in the Printers section of the app.

Bonus: as your business grows and you add printers, all you have to do with the printer stations is point them at the new printers: no reconfiguring everything! 🙂

Happy selling!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hello @HevEv !

This is definitely a possibility with the Point of Sale app! If you're using any of the other apps (Restaurant, Register, Terminal, etc.) this should be possible by following the same steps, but I can't be sure since I'm only running the PoS app myself...

Create a new printer station for each type of order ticket you want. Name them accordingly. Something like Receipt, Drink, Kitchen. Have each printer station point at your one printer.

For the Drink and Kitchen stations, enable the "Order Tickets" setting. Choose the categories you want printed to that specific station.

Every ticket rung in will now print order tickets for each printer station on your one printer. The order they come out should be dictated by the order the stations are listed in the Printers section of the app.

Bonus: as your business grows and you add printers, all you have to do with the printer stations is point them at the new printers: no reconfiguring everything! 🙂

Happy selling!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 11

Perfect! Thank you so much, all sorted.

Message 3 of 11

I am a smoothie and boba tea house and wanted to switch to Square.  Most of the time, we get at least 2 items (smoothie) or more on a ticket, so I need to print separate ticket stub and different employee can make it.  Currently I don't see this option, does anyone know if it possible to configure the terminal this way so when we take the order and customer pay, it printer separate ticket stub.  Thank you 

Message 4 of 11
Admin

@TeaWayPlus

This is a great question. I've moved your question to this thread, as I think it may directly answer your question.

You will want to make sure you have your teas and smoothies organized into Categories, but this should help you create these as different tickets when printed.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 5 of 11

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Q: Program Square to print two/three tickets at a time after saving a ticket?

If it's possible, can anyone guide me to programming my Square app so that when orders come in, and I save tickets(even before final payment has been made), i program the app to print 2-3 tickets at a time for inventory purposes. WIthout having to go to "Edit Ticket" and printing another ticket everytime.

Thank you so much

Message 6 of 11
Alumni

I've moved your post over to this thread where @ryanwanner explained how you can create multiple printer stations in order to print multiple tickets from one printer. I hope this is what you were looking for, @joopyme1314!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 11
Beta Member

I am still confused. I have one printer and one printer only. I want to be able to print 2 ticket orders to be printed after putting in the order and sending it. I need to tickets printed at the same time for my kitchen and one for my runners/expeditors without the server going back into the order and doing reprint. 

Message 8 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Multiple printer stations can be created on the one printer you've got set up, @thaithaibishop! Follow the instructions here to set up a second printer station, which will allow you to print two tickets for orders. 

Message 9 of 11
Beta Member

Why should I have to create a new printer station? Would it just be easier to set up an option in the POS setting to just print X amount tickets?

Message 10 of 11
Square Community Moderator

At this time, the only way to tell your point of sale how many tickets you'd like to print, is by setting up additional printer stations @thaithaibishop. I'll pass your feedback on to our team for consideration! 

Message 11 of 11