x

How do I refund a customer?

how do one refund customer back his money

Message 1 of 78
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Its simple! You can refund a customer from your Square Register app or from your Square Dashboard. 

To refund a payment from your Square Dashboard:

• Click on the payment you’d like to refund, then click Issue Refund at the top right corner.
  • Enter the amount you’d like to refund and the reason you’re refunding the payment, then click Issue Refund.

To refund a payment from the Square app:

• Tap the three horizontal lines > Activity. 
  • Scroll through your payment history, search for the payment using the receipt or card number, or swipe the card used for the payment. 
  • Tap on the payment you'd like to refund > Issue Refund.
  • If you need to refund a partial amount of the total sale, enter the amount you wish to refund.
  • Select a reason for the refund > Refund.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 78
77 REPLIES 77
Square Community Moderator

@Islandhi Cyber-hug back at you! ❤️️ Happy to help. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 64 of 78

A customer paid an inviice on March 6, a out 3 weeks ago. Can I still request a refund to her card ?

Message 65 of 78
Alumni

For sure! Square allows a 120 day window to refund a transactions. I moved your post to a thread with similar questions. Learn more about refunds by clicking the Review Overview link @puka_ provided on the first page. 

Justin
Message 66 of 78

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: I had 3 "no sales" on my reader for the same item, how do I refund 2 of them?

I took a sale for an item thru the Reader and it showed "no sale". Being new to using the reader, I tried it 2 more times with the same results. Is there a way I can find out if Square took the payment and if it did, how do I refund the customer for the 2 "no sales" that  registered?

Message 67 of 78
Alumni

Hey @StickyLady - Welcome to the Community !!

Visit Transactions from the menu to see if those payments were processed. You;lll know if your customer's card was charged if there is card info listed in the details. 

I moved you to a thread that walks through issuing a refund. 

Justin
Message 68 of 78

When we issue a refund, the app is not making any changes from the items. So if we sell a shirt and then issue a refund, it still shows we sold a shirt when we run report. How do I get it to be fit the item count when issuing refunds. Thanks!

Message 69 of 78

Hello @Lazyjmercantile

When it comes to reports, there's not a way to put the sale back to reflect your item count. You will only see this transaction in your reports as a refund. This is a feature request that's not available at the moment. 

Keep an eye out for any updates here on our Seller Community. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 70 of 78

If I were to process a refund, how does the buyer get their money? Would it come out of the account Square uses to deposit my sales automatically?

Message 71 of 78

Hi @FlamingEyeballG,

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over how refunds work.

You can also check out this Support Center article on it for a full breakdown. 

Ashley C
Message 72 of 78

How do I issue a refund

Message 73 of 78

Hey @NetanRog14,

Welcome to the Seller Community 👋 🙂

You can issue a refund by tapping on Transactions from the menu in the bottom of your Point of Sale app, selecting the sale you want to refund and then tapping "Issue Refund".

I hope this helps! 

Message 74 of 78

I was charged $200 but never got the shoes I tried to purchase.  How can I get a refund from this fraud site? https://www.kzkoutshoesale.com/ 

From: Klee, Tuchin, Bogdanoff & Stern Llp via Square <no-reply@squareup.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2022 9:01 PM
To: [personal info removed]
Subject: Order Confirmation from Klee, Tuchin, Bogdanoff & Stern Llp

Thanks for your order

If you have questions about your order, please reply to this email or contact us at [personal info removed].

Order Details

#qYPT0oZNUsKoHByiEhvREvMA6nI9ETts

1 × order

$99.00

Total

$99.00

MASTERCARD ending in [personal info removed]

Contact Information

[personal info removed]