x
Beta Member

How do I sync my inventory FROM Square TO Etsy?

So I’m either very dense, or I simply cannot find how to sync my Square inventory TO Etsy. All the instructions I can find online talk about bringing your Etsy inventory over to Square. 

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

The integration is managed from Etsy's side. It always goes from the Etsy inventory to your Square account and not visa versa. You could however utilize a 3rd party application like Trunk Inventory, they are likely leveraging the Inventory APIs to do this.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Best Answer

The integration is managed from Etsy's side. It always goes from the Etsy inventory to your Square account and not visa versa. You could however utilize a 3rd party application like Trunk Inventory, they are likely leveraging the Inventory APIs to do this.

Message 2 of 10
Beta Member

Thank you. Trunk Inventory has been amazing, if not a little  pricey. But it does the job. If I can’t find anything cheaper, Trunk it is.

Message 3 of 10

So I was reading your post below (thank you!). But if I want the inventory numbers to match, why isn't the "sync" automatically doing? In Square, I am choosing the Etsy version of the inventory and all kinds of errors come over with it, such as poor photos (and only one of the many I had in Etsy) and no inventory numbers. Should I put all the inventory numbers in Square as I have them in Etsy and then will they sync?

Message 4 of 10

Did you get an answer to this question? I am also wondering if I need my etsy inventory on square.

Message 5 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @Mickieslik

You should look into the Trunk Inventory that @mattd mentioned in his previous post? That would still be your best option with your Etsy inventory. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 10

Thank you. So you would'nt suggest creating the same inventory on etsy to square?

Message 7 of 10
Square Community Moderator

You can, @Mickieslik. But if don't use the API, then they wouldn't always match. This could lead to some frustration down the road. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 10

I am having the same issue with the Etsy/Square integration. I have my website via Square and most of my listings are on there. I would like to transfer them TO etsy so I don't have to duplicate my listings. The few times I integrated from Etsy to Square, the pictures all had to replaced due to blurriness and a lot of the info was wrong. Any new solutions or ideas? I run a small biz and don't have funds to add another third party service.

Message 9 of 10
Admin

Hi noelliebellie, 

Welcome to the Seller Community! 

Sorry to hear you have had trouble while syncing Square Online and Etsy, the integration is designed to work without any third party service. 

As Etsy build and manage this integration you’ll want to contact them directly. You can find the answer to most questions in their Support Centre or reach their Support team via email or request a phone call on their contact page.

They will be able to help you get up and running! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 10 of 10