x

How do I view transactions that had a certain discount applied?

I want to be able to view all the transactions that used one of my specific Discounts. I can see the summary of this data (for example, this week, 5 transactions used Discount XYZ for a total discount of $15.47), but I want to filter down to the individual transactions to see which items were purchased, the date, the time of day, etc. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

You can't.  I called customer service about this last week and they said they would send my suggestion along.  You basically have to scroll through all the transactions of a given day and look at them one by one...they don't have any current capability for us to run a comprehensive report that will separate them for us.

Message 2 of 5

Darn. Thanks for the reply. The data is right there behind the scenes, they just need to create access to it. Or add the Discount label as an item in the transaction reporting. Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

I would LOVE to be able to see a discount listed in report, click the discount, and then a panel opens on the right that propagates a list of all transactions that used that discount. Even better if you could filter it by date there in that panel also to narrow it down.

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Just FYI, it turns out that you CAN view a list of transactions that contain a specific discount or item. You have to go to Transactions, and then click "Card #" and change that filter to either discounts or items, and then you type in the item/discount to search the transactions. I still think it would work way more efficiently (and make more sense) if it was a side panel that opened from clicking an item/discount(s) in Reports, but at least there is a way to do it for now.

Message 5 of 5