x

How do edit an invoice once a deposit has been paid?

I invoiced a client and they made a deposit to their catering order.  They have now decreased the qty ordered but the invoice will not allow changes.  Today her balance was due so I took manual payment on Square, so I just need to delete the reamaining balance on her invoice without voiding out the $400 deposit.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

Did you use the deposit feature?  I use the deposit feature all of the time, and have never had an issue editing the invoice after it has been paid.
As for today, I don't believe you can delete a portion of the order.

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Hey @konadean! @ACAcatering is right — if you accepted a deposit towards an invoice you can still edit the total invoice amount, and you can edit the items in that invoice. But if an invoice has been paid in full you can't edit it.

You can also call our Customer Success team directly. They'll be able to look at your account and see why you can't seem to edit the invoice.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 5

A catering invoice has been sent and the initial 50% deposit has been paid. The guest count has gone up and I need to adjust the invoice accordingly. Is this possible?

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Hi @Holy_Smokes_BBQ! Welcome to the Seller Community. 😀

I moved your post to this relevant thread which says, YES! You can edit an invoice after a deposit.

Let us know if any other questions come up. We're happy to help!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 5