x

How does Square prioritize staff for appointments?

I'm curious to know how Appointments selects a staff member when there is no preference from the client. I have three staff members, plus myself. So if we're all available for an appointment, I would like everyone else to be selected before me, if that's possible. I'm not sure if the selection is currently based on just the name of the staff, or how busy they are that day, or if it's completely random. 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Good question, @HavenSpaAdmin

In this case the scheduling is randomly selected. There isn't a way to set preferences on selection order unfortunately, but definitely see how that would be useful. We'll share the feedback with our Appointments team; let us know if you have any other questions.

Message 2 of 4

I'm wondering if now (since 2017) we are able to set preferences on selection order of staff. I have four staff members and if four of them are available, I would like one particular staff member to have the first choice of being booked. Can that be done now?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Meena

As of now, this would still be a Feature Request for the Appointments. I would recommend adding this to our Ideate Board, so other sellers can add their voice & our Product Team can take a look. 

Thank you for checking in on this one!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4