x
Beta Member

How to Restrict Employees from Viewing Sales (in Dollars) but not Item Sales

Is there a way to restrict my employees from viewing the sales (in dollars), but not the item sales (counts)? It's a bakery, so they use the counts to determine products sold per hour to project demand for the rest of the day, but they can also see the dollar sales for the day or whatever, and they can even see the dollar sales from the Square Team app on their own phones. 😐

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

@smallcakesssi currently, I know you can do limited sales reporting, but this does indeed include dollar amount or counts.  This is actually pretty normal as most projection charts will be based on # of units per $ of sales.  I know I have 500$ increments on projections (i.e. 3 chicken salads per $500 in sales) and If I project 1500 then I would prep 9 salads.

Is there a specific reason you don't want them to know how much you are doing in sales?  (wouldn't be hard to math out 20 eclairs times 4.99 each)?

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I do and I don't mind if they can see it on the Register at work. I have no idea why they're able to view it on the Square Team app on their phone at home while they aren't working. Reports should ONLY be available in the main Square/Register/Retail/Restaurant app. They could still math it out with the counts, but it would take more time and effort since we have so many products. It's different than just clicking your Square Team app and seeing the sales for the day right there from your home. I just don't get why that's even a feature.

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

I just discovered recently, that you can even email sales reports from Square Register to any email address you would like. Crazy! This needs to be added to team permissions.

Message 4 of 4