x

How to receive notification when a eGift Card has been purchased?

Hello, 

Does anyone know How to receive notification when a eGift Card has been purchased?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Beta Member

Hi @SacredLotusAK I see them when I look at my transactions or you can go to 'gift cards' from the dashboard and see both physical and e gift card sales. 

Message 2 of 8

Thank you. I do see them on in the location you've described. I was wondering how can we receive an email when someone purchases them. For example, when someone pays and invoice, I receive a notification that the invoice has been paid. Is there an option for us to receive an email when someone purchases a eGift Card?

Message 3 of 8

I dont have time to chase ecards, there should be a way to email them to me 

Message 4 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @MTPam 👋

Because the eGift Card email contains information meant for the recipient the email is only sent to them. If you need to get a copy of the email sent to the recipient of the eGift Card, you would need to follow these steps:

1) Locate the transaction where the eGift Card was purchased. 

2) Click on the resend email option.

3) Enter your email in this box.

Keep in mind that this option is only available if the eGift Card has been generated and sent to the recipient. If the buyer purchased a gift card to be sent at a later date and that date hasn't passed yet then you will not be able to resend an email because an email doesn't exist yet.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 8

I would also like to know if there is a way to receive a notification when an egift card has been purchased. I only found out by looking that we had a $50 egift card sale this morning, but did not receive an email notification like we would if there was an online order placed. 

Jen

Jen Singh
Message 6 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @GarageDoor - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋😊

As @JJ_ mentioned above, an email will be sent to the eGift Card recipient with all the info they'll need to redeem the card. Additionally, you can edit your Square account email notification settings.

You can choose to receive transactional email notifications per:

• Payment: Receive an email after every completed transaction.
  • Refund: Receive an email every time a refund is issued.
  • Transfer: Receive an email after every initiated transfer.

At this time, we do not have settings to provide transactional email notifications for the sale of specific items or gift cards alone. This would be considered a feature request. If you enable payment email notifications, you would receive an email notification for each sale you make. If you're interested in enabling transactional email notifications, you can do so from your online Square Dashboard by following the instructions here.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions by replying to this thread.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 8
Beta Member

Agreed, would really like to see an email notification feature for all gift cards, but specifically when an e-gift card is sold. 

Message 8 of 8