x

How to Set Weight

I have added "Depending on weight shipping" but cannot figure out how to assign a weight to each item. Instructions say to ho to Home Menu and click "Pages". I do not have that option. When I open up an item to edit it, there is nowhere to click on "Pricing and variants" like they show you in the screenshot.Capture.JPG

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Mets234 You should be able to add weight to your items by visiting Store > Items > Item Library and adding the weight to each item individually. 

Let me know if this help article helps at all as well! Thanks for your time and please let me know if you have any other questions!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 11

Can you set weight like for example: 8.67 lbs? Most of my products weigh ounces, so now my dashboard tells me that one or more of my products exceed the weight limit I set of 70 lbs. 

Message 3 of 11
Alumni

Hi @Vinnymax,

Stepping in to assist here. Can you provide a screenshot of that message you are seeing on your dashboard? Thank you!

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 11

F374CA96-39E9-4E65-91F0-047272CCEB41.png

Message 5 of 11
Alumni

@Vinnymax,

I'm sorry I think the image you uploaded is not loading, or corrupted. Can you try again?

Alex_
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 6 of 11

3C36EEE0-FC6D-4974-A3A8-CA0554A575EF.png

Message 7 of 11
Alumni

Thank you @Vinnymax, I'll be back as soon as I finish reviewing this with our Online Store Team.

Alex_
Message 8 of 11

Were you able to review this yet?

Message 9 of 11

Hi there! I had a question. When inputting the weight, does the weight include with or without packaging?

Message 10 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller Community, @Mary_Alice 🎉

No, the weight is only for the item or variation of a item. Package weight is not included in this, but some sellers will factor in the cost of packaging by increasing the weight by a small amount. 

If you are using Real Time Shipping with the Premium hosting plan, you can use the optional setting for packaging and handling cost

Message 11 of 11