x

How to change paid invoice to unpaid?

Forgive my ignorance, but I can't find how to change an invoice that was mistakenly marked as paid to unpaid. I have scoured the forums and interwebs but I just can't seem to find out how and if it's even possible. 

Thanks for any help in advance!!!

Message 1 of 26
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @cflms

I'm surprised we don't already have a thread about this already. Currently once an invoice is marked as paid you can't edit it to be outstanding again. 

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me! 🙂

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Beta Member

I also need this feature. Accidentally marked as paid. Why is square so unresponsive to this request? Willful neglect it seems. Prove me wrong Square.

Message 22 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Hello @QuinceyJ

While this is something that has been long requested my PERSONAL understanding is that Square being a financial institution needs to record every single transaction taken under each Seller's business. This being said once a transaction is settled on our platform (unless is an unsettled tip payment) cannot be undone unless refunded. 

I definitely recommend you submit an official Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers' interest in your request.

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 23 of 26
Beta Member

In most cases Square has nothing to do with the payment (i.e customer makes a bank transfer) so I am not sure your reasoning works (i.e Square has to record every transaction).

There is no money physically going through the square infrastructure so it does not stand that they can't simply mark as unpaid. I am not submitting as a Feature Request either as this feature has been demanded for over three years now. I am sure many people have done this already.

I just know for a fact that square really does not show integrity in these feature requests. They merely put up these forums to show they care but don't actually action anything.

It would be so simple from a coding perspective but Square are not in the business of actually listening to customers. They would rather blow their capital on overpriced 'Buy now pay later' software like Afterpay that is all hype and no actual real value. Show me otherwise.

Message 24 of 26
Beta Member

I agree 100% with this message. It makes no sense if I click the wrong invoice and mark it as paid, instead of the invoice they were actually paying. 

Message 25 of 26

I am incredibly frustrated that your customers have been complaining about this for FOUR YEARS and you have not rectified this simple request. Mistakes happen but our businesses are affected when our books are wrong. I think this is a good time for me to LOOK INTO OTHER VENDORS. You should be ashamed of yourself for not having this functionality.

Message 26 of 26