x

How to check if I emailed a customer receipt from a past purchase?

Where, online, do I look to see if I emailed a customer their receipt from a past purchase?

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @mkd, welcome to the Seller Community. 

This is a great question, currently we do not have an area that displays that a receipt was delivered. Although, you can resend a receipt if you want to make sure. This is done from the Activity section in Point of Sale. Just follow these steps for your mobile device:

1. Hit the horizontal bar in the top left corner.
  2. Select Activity from the drop down menu.
  3. Click on the transaction you would like to view and hit send receipt. 

Or from the Square Dashboard:

1. Select Sales from the left side of your screen. 
  2. Click on the Transactions tab towards the top.
  3. Chose a sale by clicking on it.
  4. Hit the send receipt  button at the top of your screen. 

I will make sure to pass this request along to the product team. Please let me know if I can help with anything else. 😀

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Best Answer

Hello @mkd, welcome to the Seller Community. 

This is a great question, currently we do not have an area that displays that a receipt was delivered. Although, you can resend a receipt if you want to make sure. This is done from the Activity section in Point of Sale. Just follow these steps for your mobile device:

1. Hit the horizontal bar in the top left corner.
  2. Select Activity from the drop down menu.
  3. Click on the transaction you would like to view and hit send receipt. 

Or from the Square Dashboard:

1. Select Sales from the left side of your screen. 
  2. Click on the Transactions tab towards the top.
  3. Chose a sale by clicking on it.
  4. Hit the send receipt  button at the top of your screen. 

I will make sure to pass this request along to the product team. Please let me know if I can help with anything else. 😀

Message 2 of 14

I would also like to add that it would be nice to be able to view the customers email and get a copy in my email inbox after the sale. For repeat customers and my own records. 

Regards,

Jack Photography

Message 3 of 14

I agree that this would be a good option. I have a question...If I've already sent a receipt via email, does it automatically sent emails for future sales for that same customer. I'm not seeing that I can choose to send an email after the customer signs and hits continue. When I first started it gave the customer the choice of text or email receipt but now it just says "Thanks" P.S. I have mostly repeat clients with new students about 1 or 2 times per month.

Thanks

Steve

Message 4 of 14
Square Community Moderator

@GSB_Steve Yes!

The "Thanks" message indicates that the customer has an email address or phone number tied to that payment card for their preferred receipt location. 

Message 5 of 14

Is there a way to edit a customers email or check to see if it is corredt?My customer is not recieving her receipts?

Message 6 of 14
Alumni

Hi @anjafriday - Your customer would need to reach out to our CS team (I Don't Have A Square Account > Other > I Don't See My Issue > Email Support) and they can help unlink the email address linked to their card.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 7 of 14

Square is really failing on this side of transactions. I don't think there's any transaction in any business where the seller shouldn't have access to a copy of the receipt. And definitely need to see where it was sent. Very close to switching to QuickBooks. When will this be fixed?

Message 8 of 14

Hey there and welcome to the Seller Community! I'm really sorry to hear this frustration and I do understand why this feature request is important to you. We are still tracking this feature request at the time, but that does not mean we won't ever get to it. I know that 2017 is a long time to wait. 

I have surfaced your feature request with our Development Team again, but please keep an eye out for any announcements on this thread. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 14

I'll toss in another pitch for this function of 'seeing whether a receipt was sent and to which email address' to be available. In cases where I wasn't sure if I emailed the receipt, I sent a receipt through the steps sdescribed, which ended up being a 2nd time and only confused customer by thinking his/her card was charged twice. The confusion is easy to rectify but all could be avoided if there was a way to see the email account activity for transactions and receipts. 

Personally I think waiting since 2017 is beyond "a long time to wait," it's in the range of mismanagement and/or poor business practices.  

Message 10 of 14

Yes!  The wait has been too long and this should be an easy fix.  Please see to it that the business generating the receipts can access copies of them.  ASAP, please!  Thanks.

Message 11 of 14

So from what I can tell this is still an issue. Seems like a simple communications log would solve this. I would like to see some record of who was emailed a receipt and who wasn't as well. We do events with fundraising and many attendees aren't in the system so instead of slowing down the line to enter an email I just note it and send receipts the next day. I don't want to spam customers with receipts either, as someone else mentioned, so knowing who got one already would be a big time saver and appreciated.

Message 12 of 14

Hi @FC85 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

Just wanted to provide you with some additional information about Square's Automatic Receipts. This feature may help you save yourself some time if your customers aren't already utilizing it.

When a customer uses a payment card for the first time with a Square Seller, they are asked via the Checkout Screen on your Point of Sale to enter their email address or phone number to receive digital receipts for future purchases made with the same card via email or text message.

At this point, the email address or phone number is attached to that payment card. If they provided their email address, they will automatically receive their receipts at their email address when they make subsequent purchases with that same card at Square Sellers without having to enter their email address each time. However, if they provided their phone number, the customer will still need to manually choose to receive a receipt via text after each payment with a Square Seller.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions about emailed receipts 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 14

I agree. this is a feature long past due. I typed an email that I don't remember and now have no way to get again without reaching back out to the customer. Not cool! Let us see where and when receipts were sent, please!!!!

Message 14 of 14