x

How to close my online e store

Yes I have a online.thru square in.which I didn't setup right how do completely end that 1 or get rid of it an start fresh

Does any1 know

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey there, @JohnAlex13

Welcome to the Community!

Go to your Online Store Settings and toggle off Visible Online. Then it will close down your store. 

If you wish to close your Square account, then you will go to Account & Settings, scroll down to the deactivate button. 

Starting from scratch for either account, you would just start making the edit on what you want to keep and delete. There isn't a "reset" button to start over on your account. 

Please let me know if you were thinking of something different. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Best Answer

Hey there, @JohnAlex13

Welcome to the Community!

Go to your Online Store Settings and toggle off Visible Online. Then it will close down your store. 

If you wish to close your Square account, then you will go to Account & Settings, scroll down to the deactivate button. 

Starting from scratch for either account, you would just start making the edit on what you want to keep and delete. There isn't a "reset" button to start over on your account. 

Please let me know if you were thinking of something different. 

Kassi
Message 2 of 14

Ok thank you so much for that response. Quick ?, will closing out my square account will that affect my other square business which is basically just accepting card payments for client cuts& my loan I have with them. I haven't really setup my online store yet really need to understand it more as far uploading merch etc.

Message 3 of 14

@JohnAlex13

Turning off your Online Store will not affect your other Square accounts. 

Closing your Square account will affect them. Especially if you have a Capital loan and would like to take payments. 

Kassi
Message 4 of 14

Ok great thanx that helped out alot. Thank you mannnn l like this community square luv💓💓💓💓💓💓💓🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻😀🙏🏻🙏🏻😀

Message 5 of 14

@JohnAlex13

You're welcome! Happy to help! 😁👍

Appreciate the feedback too.

Kassi
Message 6 of 14

I wondered this, too, and there is no “Unpublish” option when I’m logged into my online store. I was able to turn off the “accepting orders” option so hopefully that will work. But I dont really sell anything through my store and I wanted to get rid of it entirely. Is there any other way to do besides the unpublish option?

Thanks!

Peggy

Message 7 of 14

Thanks for reaching out, @PMonkey710 👋

You can unpublish your site by navigating to the Square Online dashboard. From this page, click on Website > Site Preferences, then scroll down for the unpubllish option. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about this. 

P.S. Welcome to the Community, Peggy 😊

Message 8 of 14

Thank you so much, BernadetteA. I found it and was able to unpublish! Thank you for your help.

Peggy

Message 9 of 14

You're welcome, Peggy ❤️

Message 10 of 14

Where do I find the "visible online" setting?
I want to keep aspects of my website but don't want to sell from it any longer. I also don't want to pay for a selling site.

Message 11 of 14

Hey @notjustjournals,

Thanks for being a part of the Community.

I'd be happy to assist you with your request. Are you currently using Square Online services?

I look forward to your reply.

Message 12 of 14

No. I’m reassessing my next move. Thanks 

Message 13 of 14

Okay, @notjustjournals, if you have any other questions, feel free to reach out.

Message 14 of 14