x

Does Square allow deliveries to P.O. Boxes?

Just verifying, does Square allow our customers to have their orders shipped to their P.O. boxes? I have a customer who placed an order this morning and she said she was forced to enter her home address and that when she tried to enter her P.O. BOX it would not allow her to check out. I know it says street address under shipping information during checkout so I am wondering what is up? Thank you!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Admin

Welcome to the seller community, @DelightfullyJ, and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Are you referring to the Online Store? If so, yes—your customer should be able to enter in a P.O. box number in place of the street address. Any chance your customer has more information on the issue they were encountering (e.g. any specific error message)? I'll be happy to take another look at this.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 16

Hey there guys. Yep having the same issue here. Just had a customer call our store and say when they tried to checkout online using their p.o box address. Just curious is there a fix to this? 

Matthew Barry Wilkins
Message 3 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hey @MW21,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here in the Seller Community! 

At this time, PO Box addresses aren't supported as delivery addresses on Square Online stores. While I can't speak on the exact reasoning for this, is looks like there can be issues around the type of packages, and carriers that can actually deliver to PO boxes. I'll pass this feedback to our eCom team for consideration. Please let us know if you have any further questions, we're happy to help 🙂 

Message 4 of 16

Thank you that would be fantastic!

Matthew Barry Wilkins
Message 5 of 16
Beta Member

Is this still a known limitation or has PO Boxes been added as a supported delivery address?

Message 6 of 16

Hi @fordhamr 👋

I just want to make sure I'm understanding this question. When you say "delivery address" do you mean for delivery orders, or do you mean delivery as in "shipping"? 

I imagine the limitation for an actual "delivery" order would be because you wouldn't be able to deliver to a p.o.box. If it is for a "shipped" order, than yes, you should be able to fulfill an order shipped to a p.o.box.

Thanks in advance for any clarification! 😊

Message 7 of 16
Beta Member

Thank you for the reply. Customer is trying to have an order shipped to their PO box and it says it's not available to ship to one. Is there a setting on the account that needs to be enabled to allow that?

Message 8 of 16
Super Seller

@fordhamr ;

This might be a limitation by the Carriers delivering the packages.  Because of all the scams going on in this world, some shipping companies require a physical address not a PO Box for insurance purposes.  I use to live in a house where the Address was a PO Box and not a street address and it was a nightmare until it finally was changed and given an actual address.  I also ran into a recent issue where we tried to ship UPS and it requires a phone number.  UPS would not let us use the phone number the customer provided at checkout which was 123-456-7890. The customer was tired of Spam calls and his number being sold to marketers, which I understand.    

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 9 of 16

About 50-70% of my customers are rural and therefore have PO Boxes as shipping addresses. Square keeps throwing them an error that it is not a valid address and they can't go through the checkout process to place an order. I don't use Square directly for shipping labels or anything so is there a way to turn off the verification through Square to let people use PO Boxes? I don't have any issue shipping to PO Boxes and this happening is really hurting my business as most of my customer have PO Boxes! 

Message 10 of 16
Super Seller

I would like to 2nd square stop confirming address information. Or at least allow the customer to click to override. I field several calls a month troubleshooting for customers and often either lose the sale or end up emailing them an invoice instead of using the service i pay for. I shudder to think how many customers I lose at the checkout address stage.

Is their a way to get funnel information available with Square or a head map? Anything to track the customers shopping experience in metrics that can be measured?

Message 11 of 16

Customers are leaving my site without completing their purchase because the address autofill is not working correctly!!! Can I disable the option and just have customers enter their complete address manually? I have seen other posts complaining about this same thing. It's ridiculous.

Message 12 of 16

Hi @jmckartwork @JTPets @piecesfxbg,

Thanks for writing in and highlighting this feature request! I've merged this post to this thread, where we're currently tracking feedback for PO box deliveries. 

I understand how frustrating it would be to have to double check your customers addresses, and send out manual invoices when a lot of your customers use PO Boxes for deliveries. Hopefully this is something we can change in the future. 

Message 13 of 16

I do see now that there is an option to manually input their address but it doesn't come up as that by default and people are missing it. It would be nice to just have the manual input pop up right away rather than the autofill as the default. I wonder how many sales I'm loosing because of this. I'm sure people assume I can't ship to PO Boxes and that is definitely not the case! It's super frustrating.

Message 14 of 16

Hey there @jmckartwork our studies reported that it was safer to have the auto-complete address because it would help with address accuracy, correct shipping rates (when Real-time shipping is available), and fewer packages were returned to the sender as "undeliverable". 

However, I will definitely pass this feedback over to our product team for their visibility and consideration. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 16
Super Seller

The issue is lost sales for me. Customer call me constantly having issues getting square to accept their address or phone number. How many lost sales have I missed because of it? No way to measure.

Message 16 of 16