x

How to connect contactless chip reader to Samsung note 10+? Seemingly unable and very angry!

I just spent $1100 on Samsung Note 10+ and now I have no way to use square without carrying another device.  I have a Microsoft Surface Pro that also does not have an audio jack.  I called technical support and they were like "oh well, it is not compatible."  They were not able to tell me if or when it might be compatible.  I could scream!!!!!  Any suggestions?????

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

@OldFox

Sorry for the frustration around this several thousand Android devices on the market, and we strive to support them all. In some cases, however, the Android device may meet all the requirements for compatibility but still doesn’t communicate properly with Square hardware or with the app.

This is the case with the Note 10+ which is newer to the market.  That doesn't mean it won't be supported in the future, but as of now we're not able to communicate. 

You can choose a device on our list of compatible devices at this time, or wait until we've updated to include the Note 10+ on our list of devices

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 2