x

How to dispute a charge on Square Card?

How to dispute a charge on square business debit card?

Message 1 of 58
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @MiSSiL - I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble filing a claim for your Square Card.

I've checked our resources and this is the most accurate and up-to-date information. I've also double-checked the Square Dashboard to make sure the steps you need to take are available.

If you notice a transaction you didn’t make or have a question about a transaction in your history, you will need to report a dispute. Before proceeding, ensure that the payment has been posted to your account and isn’t pending or voided.

To do so from your dashboard:

1. Log in to your Square Dashboard > Balance.
  2. Select your business location.
  3. Click View all activity.
  4. Locate the charge and click on More (. . .) > Dispute payment.
  5. Answer the questions about the charge(s)
  6. Review your answers and click Submit.

To file a claim from the POS app:

1. Log in to your app and tap More.
  2. Tap Balance > View all activity.
  3. Locate the charge and click on More (. . .) > Dispute payment.
  4. Answer the questions about the charge(s)
  5. Review your answers and click Submit.

Note on submitting multiple disputes using one form: If your answer to the first question “Do you believe this payment is fraudulent?” is Yes, you will be able to select up to 10 payments to dispute via this single form. If your answer is No, because you authorized the payment but are disputing for a different reason (e.g. goods or services not received, or not as described), please complete one form per payment dispute.

Note: In order to give you the best chance at recovering your money, you must file a dispute claim within 60 days of the transaction date.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

I have 42 un authorized charges made on my square card how do I dispute them 

Message 22 of 58

Did you get this back? I have similar issues

Message 23 of 58

I had a very bad experience on my Stay inn in [Redacted Personal Information

Message 24 of 58

Hey @ervin72e,

It looks like this question has been asked within the Community a few times so I merged your post with an existing thread with how to dispute a Square Card payment step by step!

Check out @GlassJudy 's best answer above!

Ashley C
Message 25 of 58

I have a charge on my Square card that I did not make.

Message 26 of 58

Hey @Totsycur I'm really sorry to hear about the charge on your Square Card. You will need to dispute this charge from your Square Dashboard. 

I've merged your post with an existing thread that details how to dispute payments on your Square Card

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 27 of 58

the link has incorrect info. There are no ... or options next to the item to be disputed at all

Message 28 of 58

What about use that use the square card. How do we dispute charges. 

Message 29 of 58

@nailahpromo I searched your question and merged your post with it's thread in the Community!

Ashley C
Message 30 of 58

I purchased a part from joe bowman with my square card,I return the part 3 weeks ago an I still have not gotten a refund it should have already got taken care of by now any suggestions 

Message 31 of 58

Hey @Wdtruck,

I moved your post to a more relevant thread on what you're looking to do here.

If you haven't received a refund from the seller, you can dispute the charge on your Square Card.

I'd always recommend reaching out to the seller themselves first and ask if they have proof of the refund but if you don't hear back you can dispute the charge.

@VanKalkerFarms answered how to do this in his best answer above. 

Ashley C
Message 32 of 58

Where an how do I do a dispute I'm the card holder 

Message 33 of 58
Admin

Hi @Wdtruck-

Check here for the play by play on how to file a dispute with the Square Card.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 34 of 58

. How can I cancel a transaction on my debit card square card

Message 35 of 58
Admin

@Tomr2114 Here are the steps to dispute a charge on your Square Card. This post also has information about pending charges, which usually drop off your Square Card activity automatically.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 36 of 58

I have unauthorized charges on my card from Tactical. I asked for refunds. I saw a charge again today for $34.95. Again I asked for a refund of the unauthorized charge to my square card.

Message 37 of 58

Hey @Monashine,

We're not able to assist with account specifics here but I moved your post to a thread that explains how to dispute a charge on your Square Card.

Check out @GlassJudy 's answer for the step by step instructions from our Support Center

Ashley C
Message 38 of 58

Where do I get help to fix this?!

Message 39 of 58

Hey @Grinder,

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over how to file a claim on your Square Card.

Check out @VanKalkerFarms answer above for step by step instructions and a link to our Support Center that goes over it. 

Ashley C
Message 40 of 58

A couple weeks ago. Someone somehow was able to charge over $2000 in multiple big charges at Rite Aid. I contacted square within minutes of it happening and they voided the pending transactions. The next day they settled on my account. I filed what I was thinking was a fraud claim with square. They said they were gonna provide a provisional credit. I had to keep calling and calling to get my funds back in the account. It was in there for 2 days and square toook the money back out of my square account and said that rite aid challenged my dispute. Which is weird because I followed up with rite aid corporate and they could not find Those store numbers listed on the transaction and no transaction for the dollar amount or by  any transaction nor by the last 4 numbers of my card. Rite air did some digging and figured out that square processed my dispute wrong. I’ve been calling and emailing to no available. I can’t buy medicine I need. I can’t pay no bills because square simple could care less. I’ve tried everything.  Have anyone ever had this happened? How was it resolved and how quickly?  Can anyone point me in the right direction to get some help please? 

Message 41 of 58

Can you let me know how this was resolved? The exact same thing just happened to me. Rite Aid and all.

Message 42 of 58