x

How to dispute a charge on Square Card?

How to dispute a charge on square business debit card?

Message 1 of 58
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @MiSSiL - I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble filing a claim for your Square Card.

I've checked our resources and this is the most accurate and up-to-date information. I've also double-checked the Square Dashboard to make sure the steps you need to take are available.

If you notice a transaction you didn’t make or have a question about a transaction in your history, you will need to report a dispute. Before proceeding, ensure that the payment has been posted to your account and isn’t pending or voided.

To do so from your dashboard:

1. Log in to your Square Dashboard > Balance.
  2. Select your business location.
  3. Click View all activity.
  4. Locate the charge and click on More (. . .) > Dispute payment.
  5. Answer the questions about the charge(s)
  6. Review your answers and click Submit.

To file a claim from the POS app:

1. Log in to your app and tap More.
  2. Tap Balance > View all activity.
  3. Locate the charge and click on More (. . .) > Dispute payment.
  4. Answer the questions about the charge(s)
  5. Review your answers and click Submit.

Note on submitting multiple disputes using one form: If your answer to the first question “Do you believe this payment is fraudulent?” is Yes, you will be able to select up to 10 payments to dispute via this single form. If your answer is No, because you authorized the payment but are disputing for a different reason (e.g. goods or services not received, or not as described), please complete one form per payment dispute.

Note: In order to give you the best chance at recovering your money, you must file a dispute claim within 60 days of the transaction date.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Usually, I can block or put a stop payment on a transaction on a card or bank account.  NOTHING on square dashboard.  Any idea what to do?

Message 43 of 58
Alumni

Hey @gsstudio - file a claim to report unauthorized transaction on your Square Card. Check out the best answer at the top of this thread. 

Justin
Message 44 of 58

I recently had my Square Debt Card used for purchases I have never heard of. Several purchases of $378 and other amounts also.

I have not been able to find a human to talk to through Square...Any ideas?

Thanks for the respond and help

Message 45 of 58

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Fraudulent charge on my Square card]

I have a square card for my business. I have noticed in the fast 24 hours, two transactions were denied for non sufficient funds but the third is pending for a $90 charge. These are fraud. How do I dispute this? How do i find out the store and town for this $90 charge? 

Message 46 of 58
Alumni

Hello @

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome. 

This sounds frustrating. Our team are more than happy to assist you. What you would need to do is file a claim on the charges you are seeing.

Please do so by filling out this claim form and checking out this support article for more information.

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 47 of 58

Suspicious activity purchases on my square debit card, how to fix

Message 48 of 58

Hi @WDM1 and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to one of the existing threads in the Community that goes over how to dispute charges on your Square Card.

Check out @Alex_'s Best Answer above.

Ashley C
Message 49 of 58

I made an online purchase and cancelled it from Target and it still shows as completed transaction . How do I dispute it?

Message 50 of 58

Heya @marleneduq04 and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer for steps on how to file a claim on your Square Card. If it's not a Square Card, you'd need to file a dispute with your bank. 

Ashley C
Message 51 of 58

I have 2 pending transactions on my square card from Apple that I’ve had for months. They are holding $40 in pending from me. I can’t get ahold of apple to get them removed. Any way else I can get them removed?

Message 52 of 58

I paid a Square invoice from a wholesaler using my Square card. She never mailed the transfers and had no tracking number to give me, and after 4 weeks has finally said she refunded me. It has been 2 days and there is no refund on my card. Shouldn’t it go right back on there? It is from her Square to my Square. Please help! She has been super shady and I feel like I’m being toyed with at this point. Thank you! 

Message 53 of 58

@Lacedyan I'm super sorry to hear that this happened! I would recommend disputing this charge on your Square Card so our team there can investigate immediately. I've merged your post to an existing thread that details how to do this, but please let me know if you have any other questions. I'm here to help!

AshleyK
Message 54 of 58
Beta Member

How do I get square to respond to my serious matter. I don’t know what’s going on with my claim of unauthorized charges on my square card. I’ve live chatted several times sent numerous emails talk to a lot of live agents and still can’t get an answer of my claims.

Message 55 of 58

Hi @Chef808,

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too! The Seller Community is intended for seller to seller conversations. The FAQ page in the Best Answer above will give you an idea on the timeframe for claims.

Ashley C
Message 56 of 58

I expected better from square. As a business owner they have everything i need to operate. Until someone clones or somehow gets your debit card number. Then your on your own. They cant even say if its a in store purchase or online. The claim form is nothing. I could of had these orders stopped thru the merchant if the square system wasnt so bad. Im talking dinosaur processing. My processing machine is now a paperweight taking my business elsewhere. If you are a business dont get the debit card there is no security

Message 57 of 58

I had a charge for 97.00 back in December, i swiped card 3 times, each time it said try again, i pumped no gas. i disputed immediately, lost the dispute and was told to try and resolve with merchant, no luck, and wait 30 days to dispute, there is no 3 little dots for this charge, and not a browseer issue cause other charges have the 3 dots present. Numerous times with dispute department, keep receiving the same form email telling to to dispute, but no 3 little dot options to do so!! so i guess i will be out of my money since i keep getting the run around from square and no one to speak to other than customer service, and all they do is escalate, which has not worked.

Message 58 of 58