x

How to make a return using a gift receipt?

How do I refund a customer who has a gift receipt and where do I put in the unique code that is on their receipt?TIA.  

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hey @SmartyPants (love the name by the way), welcome to the Seller Community. 

I would be happy to show you how to use the unique code for Gift Receipts. When you're logged into Square Point of Sale head to the activity section. In the top left corner you will find the search bar. Enter the unique code here and viola, it will pull up the transaction. 

Afterwards, you can process a refund like a normal transaction! Please let me know if you have any other questions. 😀

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Best Answer

Hey @SmartyPants (love the name by the way), welcome to the Seller Community. 

I would be happy to show you how to use the unique code for Gift Receipts. When you're logged into Square Point of Sale head to the activity section. In the top left corner you will find the search bar. Enter the unique code here and viola, it will pull up the transaction. 

Afterwards, you can process a refund like a normal transaction! Please let me know if you have any other questions. 😀

Message 2 of 15

Thank you very much Chad!  I appreciate you reaching out to assist!

Message 3 of 15

@SmartyPants I'm always happy to help! ✌️

Message 4 of 15

How do I get to this activity section? This is all new to me, I apparently need step by step instructions!  And were do I get the unique code????  

Thanks

Message 5 of 15
Alumni

Ah, to clarify, you would go to Transactions to see your payments activity and the unique code is the receipt number on the gift receipt. (see screenshot)

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 6 of 15

OK,  so I know how to find the gift receipt using the unique code, but it is the same code as on the purchasers receipt.  When I go to refund the gift receipt, it will refund the original purchaser!!!!!  Need to know how to do a refund the gift recipient!  In the form of a gift card is fine but the instructions giving earlier in the feed don't work.  No place to refund with a gift card.

Message 7 of 15
Alumni

Sorry for the confusion. I would reach out to our CS team if you're not able to follow the steps in the article that VanKalkerFarms provided. They should be able to look into why the refund to gift card option is not available for you.

Puka - She/They
Message 8 of 15

A gift is returned using a gift receipt.  How do we issue a refund to gift recipient rather than original gift purchaser? 

Message 9 of 15
Super Seller

Message 10 of 15

Once you are in the refund mode, there is nothing to tap on that says issue gift card. It automaticaly credits back the c/c that was used in the original purchase.

Message 11 of 15

We had this same issue, and have now refunded the original purchase credit card.  We had no options on loading a gift card.

Message 12 of 15

Please review your answer, it did not work for us.  Thanks.

Message 13 of 15
Super Seller

@katieand, I have never had a return on a gift receipt.  what is the way to return these items without going back to the original purchaser if as they are saying the option to refund to a gift card isn't available?

Message 14 of 15
Alumni

@FineThings @Oceangiftshop @VanKalkerFarms

Hey all! Another Seller had the same question so I've merged your post with their thread. Check out Chad's explanation above on how to make a return with a gift receipt.

Hope that helps!

Puka - She/They
Message 15 of 15