x

How to manually enter commission based on a fixed rate?

I have searched for over 2 hours trying to find an answer and while I am finding solutions, I am not being given the method by which I will make that solution happen. In other words, no one is saying HOW to make this happen. 

I have asked if I can manually enter a commission amount (not %) along with an employees hourly wage. I have asked how to pay employees a fixed rate commission along with hourly wage through Square Payroll.  I have tried to re-word it a hundred ways and have come up with a few people offering solutions such as this, "You are able to pay employees via commission through Square Payroll, and I think this would work for that. This allows you to put in a dollar amount to send to your employees in place of, or in addition to, a typical hourly salary."

Great! Fantastic! So now, tell me HOW to make that happen when the only option I have seen is setting up commissions based on %. Every answer tells me to first go to commissions setup and choose commission on services or items. I'm paying commission on services but it is a FIXED RATE per head, not a percentage that is not based on the cost of ANY item. In that window I HAVE to enter a %, there are no other options. So, someone please, PLEASE tell me HOW and WHERE am I supposed to 'put in a dollar amount to pay my employees in place of or in addition to a typical hourly pay' as the person offering the solution suggested.

In another thread, this was the solution, "To pay your contractors per-diem, you can just select hourly and set the rate to $0. When you go to run payroll (“Pay Contractors”) on overview page, enter the flat amount directly into the table (you aren't required to enter hours or anything)."

Again, great! But my employee isn't a contractor and that only works if my employee isn't receiving an hourly wage as well. 

Anyone? My apologies if I sound a little over the edge but after reading so many threads and getting no results except wasting hours of my time I am a bit fried. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello @CindyN,

Thank you for providing a detailed thread. 😊 Its also good to see you posting in the Seller Community again!

With regards to your question, I want you to know that I did take the time to reach out to a product manager and inquire if this was at all possible...this is what they had to say:

If you want a number only, then yes you are able to manually enter the information in the actual pay run - you can't set it up to appear automatically when importing time & wages.

So the if you already utilize Square payroll, this is a possibility, otherwise it's not at the moment.

Hope this clears any misinformation up, I look forward to reading your response.

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2