x

How to mark an item as “demo” in inventory?

Is there a way to mark an item as demo when receiving inventory in?

I am in the process of opening a small fashion boutique and will have pieces out on the floor as displays. So say for example I have 5 pieces for inventory with 1 that would be used on the floor. So I would like to still be able to account the fact that I had 5 pieces received into inventory but one was marked for demo and the other four pieces are actually available to sell. Is this possible or should I just create an excel to track the demo pieces and only upload the actual inventory available for sale?

i would eventually like to run a sales event using the demo pieces at a markdown price (kind of like open box from Best Buy) once those demo pieces are no longer used for display.

Queen Of KaKes XOXO ???
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

@DKHK You might be able to achieve this by using Variations. Under your main inventory item (quantities) create a new variation and mark as a "demo" or display of that item, setting your quantity to 1 (or whatever). You can also create a new price just for that variation. See this help article about this. Hope this helps answer your question.

Charlie
Homestyle Charlie
Handmade Heirloom Ornaments & Charms
Check our links for retail Etsy orders and Wholesale Ordering Info
Message 2 of 3

Hey! I tried to walk through variations but it seems that the option would be visible on the site as well instead of just internal, unless I missed something. There is another thread I found asking for this support feature, so hopefully they will it have in the feature. In the meantime, I will just create a database separately in Airtable to track it and the other demo units I will have as well. Thank you so much for the suggestion! 

Queen Of KaKes XOXO ???
Message 3 of 3