x

How to remove item description?

My invoices and receipts did not always do this. They're now showing a full item description on each and I DON'T want it there. I just want the item and any notes I add. How do I remove this? It makes my receipts and paid invoices terribly long when clients purchase multiple items. Thanks!

Shows on my invoices sent and invoices paid (when I charge on my end and they receive the email invoice receipt)...and yes it's togged to "off" in the receipt settings to show item description.

Before...how I want them to look again.Before...how I want them to look again.How my paid invoices look now. I did not change anything and dislike this!!!How my paid invoices look now. I did not change anything and dislike this!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @pinecrestmktg

This was a recent update for Square Invoices. Including the Item Description has been a popular feature request that we received from a lot of sellers. 

Although, the show item description being toggled off should keep this from happening. I've flagged this issue to our Invoices Team and they're going to work on getting this fixed. It won't be an overnight fix, but I will make sure to post an update as soon as it's resolved! 🙂

Message 2 of 4

Thanks so much. It's quite annoying and looks awful!

Message 3 of 4

Hello @pinecrestmktg! This is going to sound really ironic, but the Invoices Team were able to fix this overnight! 😃

The option to show item descriptions on receipts now applies to Square Invoices as well! Yay! 

Message 4 of 4