x

How to see payments made by Check on end of day report

How can I customize my end of day report to show payments made with a check?  Right now the only thing that shows is how much cash should be in the drawer.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hey @shelpat - I'm afraid you cannot customize the Cash drawer reports to reflect checks collected, as this  feature details the cash activity of drawer session. 

Sales paid by check will be lumped into Other on the Sales Summary Report. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

I appreciate your reply.  I hope that square will update that soon.  I like my employees to put a report before they drop their drawer in the safe at the end of each shift.  It would be nice if I didn't have to run a separate report to see if checks were written and confirm they have been dropped.  

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

@shelpat - Totally understand. Perhaps they can print a sales summary report along with the cash drawer report. That way, sales by check can be included in their shift-drop. If you are willing to give them this ability, you'll need to enable the View Reports permission so they can view the sales report, filter by employee, and print. 

Please note that this permission escalates visibility to Deposit Reports as well. I hope this workaround helps! 

Justin
Message 4 of 6

Hi Justin, 

I may do that!  Thank you for your help. 

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

It was my pleasure to help out! @shelpat 😊

Justin
Message 6 of 6