x

Is there a way to search by "Notes"?

When I charge a customer I  make a "note" of their name so I know who I charged for that transaction. Is there a way to search your "notes" to find a transaction for a certain customer? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Hi @Hypno123, welcome to the Community. Currently the only place to search the info you put in the 'Notes' field is from the Transaction CSV, which can be exported from your Transactions page. 

If you haven't already seen it, you may be interested in using the Customer Directory for this purpose, as it will allow you to associate a customer profile with each transaction too. Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Message 2 of 5
Super Seller

I am using the new square register. It would be a great feature to be able to search the notes fields of customers while on the register at my store. FYI, I often make notes of my best customers when they are talking with me, such as their children, interests, vacation plans, job, etc. That way I can get to know them better and develop a relationship with them. I often don't remember a customer's name, but I'll remember that they talked about working as a teacher, or taking a trip to Colorado. Being able to quickly search the notes on the register would let me recall their name when I see them enter my shop. Thanks for listening!

Message 3 of 5

How do I search for a transaction by note without using the whole note?  For example to pull up a list of payments by a customer if their name is in each note but other info in the note is different? 

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @SLGMD and welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to an existing thread on how to search by note.

The only updated thing is that "Note" should be in the dropdown box on your Transaction tab of the online Dashboard.

The dropdown box is at the top!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5