x
Beta Member

How to set-up Pre-Order Pick Up like this?

Hello,

I have subscribed to Performance monthly plan and getting ready to launch my website.

I do NOT own a store. I sell frozen dumplings that customers will PRE-order and pick up at a pre-determined pick up date & time.

How do I set it up so customers can clearly see upon ordering & checkout that the ONE pick up date & 1 hour window?

I do not own a brick & mortar and make the dumplings upon order, which is why I have to set it up like this.

Please help. Thank you so much.

kyikyi 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hello @Kyikyi !

Welcome to the wonderful world of online selling! 🙂

For your situation, I have a couple of ideas on how to set up your site:

First, I recommend checking out @kellyj 's post on the Square Online section of this forum: Recruiting for Beta: Batch Production/Cutoff Times . I think that if you're ready to rock a beta product, this would be absolutely perfect for your scenario.

If you're not ready to make the leap to a beta test, here is what I'd recommend:

-Head over to Online Dashboard -> Fulfillment -> Pickup & Delivery -> Edit your Location -> Order Timing

-Make all of your items' prep times as Available Immediately (trust me...)

-Disable the customer's ability to schedule pickup orders (that will make every order ASAP)

-For your operating hours, Only put in the day that you're going to distribute your dumplings and the hour that you want them to pick up

Doing this will force the website to have all orders ready ASAP, which will be the day/hour you have your store active. Your customers will see this day and time on the website during order and checkout and in their emailed receipts.

The flaw in this plan: I assume there is a time period where there is a cutoff for new orders. This method won't allow for that. What I recommend doing is going into your item library and setting every item as Sold Out at the time where you don't want any new orders. You'll have to go back in after your distribution day and re-enable the items for your next wave of orders.

Hope this helps!

-

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2