x

How to stop printing the third receipt?

When a customer uses their credit card, the printer prints one receipt for us, one receipt for the customer and then an additional third receipt that we don't need and just throw away. 

I feel like it's such a waste of paper and ink. Is there a way to disable the printing of the third receipt paper?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @robsrockindogs - thanks for pushing this to the forefront, here.

Is that third receipt printing identical information as the other two? If not, what text appears on the paper?

I will be keeping an eye out for your reply! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Sure, heres a photo of the third receipt. I blacked out our CC info.

20191108_103242.jpg

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@robsrockindogs - thanks so much for this. And good call blocking out the personal information - thank you!

This is very strange. I tried to duplicate this on my side; I toggled on and off every printing option for physical receipts, and even tested the Order Ticket Stub being on to see if that would produce another receipt. No matter these changes, I couldn't seem to prompt the unit to print a third receipt.

Would you mind bringing this to the attention of our Support Team? I think this issue might need a bit more hands-on troubleshooting, and I would like to make sure this gets resolved quickly for you. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7

Ok, I've reached out and submitted an email inquiry. Thank you for the help!

Message 5 of 7

This also happens to us. We print an itemized receipt (via "print bill") to give to the customer. When we charge the card it prints the authorization slip to be signed and a NEW copy of the itemized receipt that is labeled "Purchase Receipt". It's not necessary as the customer has already received the itemized printout.

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Thanks for jumping in @jkennard. This is very helpful to know if our product team looks into making changes to this process.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 7 of 7