x

How to temporarily deactivate Square Online Store

I am temporarily closing and want to just deactivate online store. How do I do that?

Message 1 of 29
2 Best Answers
Beta Member

Best Answer

Under your Weebly dashboard:

Website > General Settings > Unpublish

That will deactivate serving of your site, and you just flip the switch when you want it back. 

Depending on your domain provider you may be able to put in a single page "place holder" that explains.  You should consider also posting to your social media accounts that it's a temporary closure. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 29
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

@javamo You can also just turn off your orders instead of unpublishing your whole site. 

If you do Pickup Orders - You can go to settings, Pickup & Delivery - and turn off the Toggle for Pickup at the location.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Alumni

I'm afraid you'll need to disable the accepting orders toggle in Settings to prevent customers from ordering each night. 

@capsicum

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 22 of 29

If you go to your Online Store site, click on Settings. Then go down to Pickup and Delivery, click on that. Then click on your location and it will open a small page on the right of your screen. There you will see where you can set the times you want for pickup and delivery. I got caught in that scenario too, and this takes care of that.

Your welcome!

Message 23 of 29

Why can't there be a button on square dashboard that let's you pause online orders? We get busy at peak times and can't accept anymore online orders, a simple toggle accessible from the dashboard is needed, pretty please. Our employees simply don't have the time to close the dashboard / switch screens, then log in to weebly and turn off. We are a small counter service restaurant and need the toggle switch accessible through the POS (we are grateful that the toggle button on weekly has been moved to the main page in the meantime). We also can not share our login with all our staff since this grants them access to square and is sensitive. Please help with this!! 

Message 24 of 29

I agree with this post! Why can’t their be a simple toggle on and off for online orders through the order page? That would be GREAT! So we don’t need to give dashboard passwords to our staff, because it contains other sensitive information.

Message 25 of 29

Hello,  how do I turn off online ordering for just one location?

thanks

Message 26 of 29
Square Community Moderator

Hey @BalmoralPnC,

I've merged your question to this thread where we've got a few different options to turn off Square Online orders. 

Message 27 of 29

Curious if Square can consider putting timer (so I don’t have to manually visit dashboard when I open or close) on Accepting Online Orders? Seems like an easy fix. I put availability times on items but when timer expires, menu not visible at all.  Hope Square help resolving this.  

Message 28 of 29

This thread is more than a year old but I found that you can go to: Online/Settings/Checkout and toggle the "Accept online orders"  button. Fairly simple. 

Message 29 of 29