x

I am a new artist trying to grow!

I have been an artist for a very long time and I would like some tips on how to get my pages to grow! I sell digital files only right now but soon I plan to expand to selling canvases! My Instagram is growing the fastest but I still want to know if I can improve my growth!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Hey Messymakesart,

Since you're planning to sell canvases, consider going outside the box - art shows and other local events are great but, can be an expensive investment - fees, tents, licenses, permits, etc.   However, the exposure can drive additional sales to your website.   Also consider asking friends and family to spread the word as word of mouth is the best advertising and doesn't cost anything.  As for the online world, take advantage of Facebook, Twitter, Flicker, Pinterest and Instagram for starters.  Then there's Youtube and Vimeo - showing your work through videos can be helpful.  Other than your time, using these online services are free.

jk

Message 2 of 5

Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Welcome to the community, @MessyMakesArt😊
We have a number of artists and crafters here in the community - if you haven't already, check out our group for Artists and Makers
I noticed that your website is hosted with Square, so you might also be interested in checking out our Expert Feedback for Square Online websites. We are in the midst of revamping the Expert Feedback program so we're not taking submissions right now, but you may find the advice we've given previously helpful. 

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 4 of 5

Hello! Thank you so much for your advice and I will check out the Expert Feedback!

Message 5 of 5