x

I'm a buyer - how do I change the email address to which I will receive my receipts?

Hello - I'm not a seller, I'm just a casual buyer.

How do I change the email address to which I will receive my receipts?

I just want to change the email address Square sends my digital receipts to.

I'm changing my personal email address and I can't find where to do this.

Thank you

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Change the email address for my digital receipts

Message 1 of 28
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

On your receipt, you received via email there is a spot you can click that says "not my receipt".  You can click this and disassociate your current email with your card, and the next time you go to use it Square with that credit card it will prompt you to enter your information again to receive the email, and you can enter your new address.

Another option is when you are at an establishment that uses Square you can have them resend your receipt (usually the receipt just automatically goes to the account on record with square) and this will allow them to change the email address that Square stores.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Super Seller

As mentioned already, changing the receipt delivery method is a two step process of unsubscrribing the email you no longer want to use and resubscribing once you've received a receipt via the email you want to begin using. For specific info from square, the below article explains the detailed process of updating the email address associated with your automatic receipts. 

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5212

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.
Message 22 of 28

I made a purchase recently, as a customer, and noticed the email address attached to my card (set to receive receipts) is not one that I recognize! Most importantly, how can I take that email off? And additionally, is it possible for me to see this email or from what retailer it was entered? I'd like to know be able to figure out if this was an accident, or fraudulent, and inform the right business if needed. Thanks!

Message 23 of 28
Alumni

Sorry to hear. This type of thing happens if an email was entered incorrectly when selecting an email receipt after purchase or if a friend or family member shares payment cards. You can look up your most recent purchase using our receipt finder. Once the payment pulls up, click the receipt and select "Not your receipt?" at the bottom. This will dissociate the existing email from receiving receipts. More here

If you'd like to look into this future, reach out to our CS Team. 

@rendezbrew

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 24 of 28

no i just want to change my email address  my old email is obsolete   as of next week   some please help me ive been trying to talk with a person or get an email 

Message 25 of 28
Square Community Moderator

Hello @dannyb2 ,

We see its your first post in the Seller community, welcome!

To edit your main account email, you can follow this guide here.

Hope this helps! 

Frida
Message 26 of 28

I'm trying to change the email for my account. The verification code for this change does not show up in the old email account.  The phone number as an alternative is no longer a good number.

Message 27 of 28
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @KatySwafford If you're still running into this problem then I suggest you reach out to our support team via Phone by dialing 855-700-6000. They will be able to assist with replacing your email once account ownership is confirmed.

JJ
Message 28 of 28