x

I need a receipt printer that works with Square Stand and IOS with Square Reader

We have a Square Stand but also 4 iPads with Square Readers that we want to use at the same time.  Are we able to use one printer for all 5 devices?  Which printer?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

Hi @rdpvp.  As long as your printer is either a wireless printer (or Ethernet-connected printer) and as long as all of your POS are connected to the same network as the printer, all of your devices can be configured to use that printer.  Any printer connected to the network will work, as long as Square supports that printer.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 4
Square Champion

@rdpvp ;

This is the Receipt Printer I use that is between my 2 Square Stands. 

mc-print3-receipt-printer 

I have it connected by Ethernet to my Wireless Repeater for my network.  Then both Stands connect to the Wireless repeater wirelessly.

This is the same one but without the Bluetooth ability and is cheaper:

mc-print30-receipt-printer 

These are both recommended by Square and available through Square Hardware Here:

products/accessories 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

Hey @rdpvp as the others have said, as long as your printer is on the same network then it will be seen by all your devices. 

If you check out the product support list that @Candlestore linked too then my advice would be to surf eBay to find what you want as these printers retail for $$$ but can often be found for a steal. 

If you need to go wireless then the only one I’ve had success with is the Epson TM M30 series with it’s wireless adaptor. I had total failure with the star mc-Print series and the wireless adaptor they suggest (and others….). The best bet is always to go for an Ethernet cable to the router if you can. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 4 of 4