x

I need help understanding how a scale integrates with Square software.

Hi, I recently purchased a square terminal that I use with my ipad running the square app. I am looking to purchase a digital scale that will allow me to sell my produce by weight, but I am having a hard time finding the info I need to understand how the scale can integrate with my terminal or ipad. 

My main question is regarding how to physically connects. I am looking to purchase the CAS PD-2 scale, from what I can see this scale doesn't have a bluetooth option. It looks like it has a 6 or 9 pin serial cable. Where is that cable plugged into? On Square's website it specifically lists this scale as being compatible with the Square Terminal, is that only through a 9 pin to ethernet adapter that I will then plug into the Square Hub? Thank you for your help in advance! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@VenstraFarm See the screen shot below from Square’s Hardware Compatibility help sheet.  Circled, it notes that Square supports the USB interface between the CAS PD-2 and your Stand’s USB hub.  That scale has both USB and RS-232 interfaces, it seems.

I hope that helps.

E3A36B31-5548-4539-BFE8-BE144D7AAB87.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 2