x

I need to fix the items entered in a sale.

I help run a small seasonal boutique and we rotate shifts as vendors to run the store. Each vendor gets a code and that code is entered as an "item" in our system. For each tag on the merchandise, they click on the vendor code on the page (the item #) and enter the amount manually. Then the tags are stored in a binder. Some of my ladies aren't as technologically advanced as they could be and have assigned several sales to the wrong vendor codes. I need someway of fixing this without refunding. The customers are long gone so it's not like I can just cancel out a credit card and re-run it.

(That leads me to a seperate issue. When I cancel out and refund, the items don't come off the sale list at the end. If I re-enter the transaction after refunding, it shows double the items purchased in the summary. That vendor didn't sell double the items. This seems really silly especially for those who are using Square to track inventory. )

Anywho, does anyone have any idea how I can fix the items so it accuratelty reflects the items actually sold? Right now, I have an inaccurate digital record of sales. Thank the heavens above that we file the tags otherwise our records would be completely ruined and we've been open less than a week!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

To answer your question, I believe in the Square system once a sale is done, it is done.  

But here is a work around that might work for you:

Export your transactions from the Square website ( https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/transactions ) make sure you choose ITEMS DETAIL,  do this on a periodic basis (say once a week) and store these exported transactions as Year-WeekNumber files (2016-01.csv, 2016-02.csv, etc). You can either open these files in Excel or Google Sheets as they are csv. Then append each week to a master Sheet and do your corrections in the Excel/Google Sheet. One advantage of doing Google Sheets is that you can easily share your corrected data. Hopefully you have a paper tail too, you might consider printing out a second reciept and asking your sales folk to put those reciepts on a clip or such and have them annotate any problems.

We have a co-op with over 100 artists, sounds like a little what we have going on. We export the transactions to a Google Sheet, from the Notes on each transaction we document the Artist with an Artist code. Using Google Sheets we then have a custom sheet that automatically is created for each Artist showing their sales individually. 

Message 2 of 4

We've been using square for the last 4 years at our small shop with great results. Initially when we would set up items the correct vendor codes would populate on the purchase orders for them. Recently random vendor codes will show up for our items and we need to fix them 1 by 1 every time. 

wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @HealthyPetMarke. That's strange that the vendor codes are showing up incorrectly all of a sudden. That may be an issue that our Support Team can address with the engineers if you give them a call to explain exactly what's happening.

In the mean time I went ahead and moved your post here. The sellers above go over some ways to reconcile this issue in the mean time. Hopefully it helps a bit for now!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 4