x

If I do not connect a domain name, what is the square (free) domain name?

If I do not connect a domain name, what is the square (free) domain name? Will it be squareup.com/mystorenamehere? Or what do I give out as the way to get to my store? 

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

You have two options with the new online store: 

1. A free subdomain that uses square.site, so it would be something like "myonlinestore.square.site"

2. A custom domain name which you either register through Square Online Store and is pre-configured to work with your site, or a custom domain you bought somewhere else and you update the domain to point to us: https://www.weebly.com/app/help/topics/how-to-use-a-domain-you-purchased-elsewhere

There's a "CHANGE" button in Site Settings which will allow you to use either.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller

if you set up a store under the old Online Store (which is slowly being phased out) your store url would be squareup.com/store/yourstore 

You can find this on the Settings page of your Online Store section of your dashboard. 

If you build your store in the new store environment powered by weebly, there should be a spot in your settings page with your url. I haven’t been migrated over yet, so I’m not entirely certain what that url would look like. Perhaps @AdamB can weigh in?

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 11
Admin

Best Answer

You have two options with the new online store: 

1. A free subdomain that uses square.site, so it would be something like "myonlinestore.square.site"

2. A custom domain name which you either register through Square Online Store and is pre-configured to work with your site, or a custom domain you bought somewhere else and you update the domain to point to us: https://www.weebly.com/app/help/topics/how-to-use-a-domain-you-purchased-elsewhere

There's a "CHANGE" button in Site Settings which will allow you to use either.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 3 of 11

The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.

I get automatically redirected to Weebly site builder when I select "Online Store" from dashboard and it asks me to pay for a site, we already have a website. I just want to use a custom domain (shop.domainname.com) name we already own and a simple prebuilt Square store template. 

I searched for an hour and figured out nothing. How do I disconnect Square and Weebly, so I can set up our custom DNS and select a Square template.

Message 4 of 11
Admin

Thanks for your question, @displaysupply! I merged your post to this thread so that you can see @AdamB's Best Answer on how  to use our new online store with a custom domain.

Hoping this helps you!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 11

Customer access to the online store?

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @DMAC72 - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you join us.

Your customers can access your Online Store through the free domain provided by Square. You can find your free Online Store domain by visiting the Overview landing page of your Online Store! 

You can also view it by going to the left-hand side navigation bar and selecting:

• Website >
  • General Settings >
  • Site Address

This space will also give you the availability to customize a domain if you so choose.

I hope this information is helpful! Let me know if anything else comes up. We are here to help! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 11

OK, I have that so far. I go to the address as a customer and the site comes up fine, but when I click on "Shop Now" nothing happens. None of my products comes up? Did I do something wrong in the Set-up? Thx-

Message 8 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for the prompt reply, @DMAC72

It sounds like your Shop Now button isn't connected to any pages yet.

Click on it in the editor, and then on the left click on the Add Link option. This should load a popup where you can choose what you want it to link to. If you want it to link to a page with all your products and categories, choose the Shop All option.

Let me know if that works!

Joe
Message 9 of 11

Clicked on "Shop All" and got Error code 404-Page not found?

Message 10 of 11
Alumni

@2DMAC72 - Stepping in for Joe here. 

Have you tried a different browser? (Preferably Google Chrome). If you still get an error, take a screenshot of the error and DM either myself or @Joe so we can have our Ecomm Team take a peek. 

Justin
Message 11 of 11