x

Image Cropped

We have several furniture products that are being cropped on our site:

givinghopefurniture.com

I need for these images to display so that they are not cropped. I set image preferences under site items to 1:1, but that isn't fixing my issue.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Hey @judyc!

Images with aspect ratio settings set to 1:1 will display as square images. One of the easiest way to correct the aspect ratio of an image is to load it into https://spark.adobe.com and select a blank white canvas in the 1:1 aspect ratio, place your image on it and resize the image to find the best fit, this will add borders or not depending on how cropped the image is, you can then download it and upload to Square Online!

If this has helped, please mark it as best answer to help others in the future.

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 8

So if I don't want to have an image with a 1:1 ratio, but rather want to have the option for either landscape or portrait depending on the image; is that possible?

Thank you.

Message 3 of 8

I didn't know if anyone had the chance to review my followup question please.

Is there the option for each image to set image ratio?

Thank you.

Message 4 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @judyc 👋

At the time it is not possible to set the image ratio per item. The best work around at this time is the suggestion that MJD posted on this thread. 

Message 5 of 8

I am having similar issues with trying to add my pants and other long items to my Square Shop.  Will the feature to set an image ratio per item being worked on to help other that are having issues like me and the other Shop owners? This feature is really important to many of us.

Message 6 of 8
Square Community Moderator

No new updates here @jaam18 I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 8

Thank you so much for your reply. I have my finger crossed that this will be fixed soon. That way I will only have to maintain one website instead of sending my customers to visit two different sites for my products.

Message 8 of 8