x

Is it possible to refund return shipping on the same invoice refund (additional amount?)

I understand how to refund a complete sale to a customer. But, I would like to know how I can refund an additional amount (if possible) on the same transaction. Or can I refund my customer return shipping in another transaction? If so, How would I do that?

I am wanting to refund my customer the extra shipping they are paying on a return of merchandise to me. Thank you 🙂

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@RockyRanchTack Unless I am mistaken, you can only refund items you have previously charged to the customer.  I can’t think of a Way through Square or any POS  that you could  use to refund funds a customer paid to a third party. You have to send them a check, or transfer money via Venmo or Cash App or something like that. 

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Best Answer

@RockyRanchTack Unless I am mistaken, you can only refund items you have previously charged to the customer.  I can’t think of a Way through Square or any POS  that you could  use to refund funds a customer paid to a third party. You have to send them a check, or transfer money via Venmo or Cash App or something like that. 

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 3

Thank you! I kinda figured that. But wanted to make sure 🙂

Message 3 of 3