x

Can my customers book multiple days at once?

Can my customers book multiple days at once?

Hello! I run a dog-walking business and am wondering if there is a way for my customers to book appointments on multiple days at once instead of having to re-enter their info every time.

I.E., Rufus needs a walk on 5/22, 5/24-5/25 and 5/28. 

Thank you!

2 Verified Answers
EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Is it possible to allow my customers to book multiple dates?

Hi @EthanK

Welome to the Seller Community!

While you can enable your customers to book multiple servies with the same staff member, you're not able to book multiple days for the same appointment. 

They'll need to go through the booking flow for each day, or have you manually add these appointments for them on your end through your calendar in your Appointments Dashboard. 

Verified Answer

Re: Does Square Appointments accept full day bookings for use at a bed and breakfast?

Hi @festivewestbnb, welcome to the Community. 

Hmm, I'm not sure Appointments would be ideal for this scenario. At least currently, Square Appointments does not offer full day or overnight booking. You could create a "service" that would act as a reservation, and have it fill your available appointment time for a particular day, but it may look pretty confusing from the customer's perspective. 

Definitely see how it would be a useful feature in this example, so thanks for sharing. Let us know if you have any other questions around this!

79 Comments
Admin

@IsaacW No updates at this time I'm afraid. The maximum amount of time you can book an Appointment Service is 23 hours and 55 minutes. I'll share your request with the appropriate teams here. 

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Customize time slot to run into the next day" The author has been notified via email.

Hi, we have a camp ground and was hoping to use Appointments for customers to schedule a spot for camping.  For example, if someone signs up for spot #1 on 8/16/18, they would get it from 2PM that day and has to check out at 11 am on 8/17/18.  Is it possible to customize the time that way? 

Beta Member

I have been wanting to switch over to square for a long time, however I cannot seem to find an option to allow my clients to book multiple time slots in one process. If this is not an option then I really imagine that Square is losing out on a huge market of people. Massage therapists, voice teachers, House keepers, pet sitters, etc. Anyone that owns their own business that sees their clients more than once a month needs this feature. 

Admin

Welcome to the seller community, @mkarl100. Thanks for checking in on this—it looks like another seller brought this up in another thread. Have a look at "Can my customers book multiple days at once?" and let me know if that's in line with the kind of functionality you're looking for.

I don't have any suggested workarounds at this time, though I can see how the ability to book multiple/recurring appointments would help build a stronger client relationship. We'll circle back with any updates on this request. Please don't hesitate to let us know if any other questions come up.

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "My Customers need to be able to book several days in one booking or i cant utilize your service" The author has been notified via email.

My Customers need to be able to book several days in one booking or i cant utilize your service for my business this is very fustrating and annoying!! How do i get around this disfunction of the Square Booking Service? This Sucks!

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Allow clients to schedule multiple one hour sessions" The author has been notified via email.

I'm looking for the ability to have my clients be able to pay for and schedule multiple sessions in package.  So people need to be able to schedule 3, on hour sessions on the calendar.  Is that possible?

I am also looking for this option.
I have an item that is 4 1-hour sessions, and they can buy it, but neither of us know how to book the following 3 appointments to fulfill that 4 item block. So I just went through and scheduled her individual appointments. Do I just not charge her for those?

Also, is there a way to set up recurring monthly billing?  I want to offer 3, 6 and 12 month programs and they pay for those on a monthly basis, but they need to be able to book those appointments themselves if they want.  

This seems very basic as other apps like MindBody andPTMinder are already doing this.  They are just ridiculously expensive.  If this isn't an option, I'll just go back to Google Calendar for scheduling.

Admin

@musicstrong At this time your client could only book individual one-hour sessions from your booking site. In the meantime, you can definitely set up the rest of the individual appointments from your calendar. And yes, if your service price already accounts for 4 hours then you wouldn't need to charge the client for the sessions you booked on your calendar. 

To answer your second question - you, as the owner, can create recurring appointments from your online Calendar. However, your clients can't book a recurring appointment from the online booking site.

The Appointments team is still working to add more features to the online booking site and I appreciate your feedback. We'll let you know here when these features are available but in you could also subscribe to the Product Updates page here in the Community where we announce new features and share more details, videos and screenshots. 

(see subject)

Beta Member

@EJ Is there a way to put in a customer request for this feature to be added? As you can tell, there are multiple people that are having the same issue. It's sort of a bummer that I cannot use Square becuase of this tiny issue. It's crucial for my customers to be able to amend and schedule multiple appointments at the same time for a usable customer experience.