x

Is there a way to add a tip suggestion line showing on the bill for customers paying cash?

Is there a way to add a tip suggestion line showing on the bill for customers paying cash in a dine-in restaurant scenerio before paying for their bill?

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

We don't have a way to track or suggest tips on cash transactions but I absolutely see how that would be a huge help! We make all of our changes based off of merchants feedback so I will absolutely pass this along to our Product Liaison teams!  

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Square

Best Answer

We don't have a way to track or suggest tips on cash transactions but I absolutely see how that would be a huge help! We make all of our changes based off of merchants feedback so I will absolutely pass this along to our Product Liaison teams!  

Message 2 of 13

I would like to see this also.  We have a small sit-down bistro and need to be able to give the customer their bill before paying (printed) - currently with the Print Bill there is no space for them to add a tip for our servers.  Would like to see this as an option on the Print Bill.

Message 3 of 13
Square

@Lassen - It sounds like you can sort out this issue by enabling Sign and Tip Receipts. Check out this article for detailed instructions. 😀

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 13

Sign and Tip Receipts will not work for me. I operate a snowplowing buisness that accepts tips on cash checks and credit cards.  Currently I have to keep track of the cash and check tips on a piece of paper.

I also vote for the ability to add tips to cash and checks. 

Message 5 of 13

Agreed.  Our restaurant asks large parties to tip 20%.  Including this line on their bill, and reporting as tip, would be helpful.

Also, allowing payment by check for more than billed amount (bill plus tip).

Thanks.

Message 6 of 13

Has there been any updates on this feature? I have a small business and I receive tips via cash and check and I have no way to separate it out in Square and have to manually record it.

Message 7 of 13
Alumni

Not yet @JudyG, but I'll share your request with our team who handles this. Thanks for adding your voice to this thread!

Message 8 of 13

Hi, I am a nail tech and would like the option of entering a tip amount when a client pays with cash. I have to pay sales tax on the service so I would like the service and tip shown separately to make an easy calculation when I pay sales tax to the government.  Just like I can do when someone pays with a credit card.  

Message 9 of 13

There is a screen or a check box to do tips for both POS CC sales and invoice sales but If I am handling a tip on a check or cash I can't figure out how to do that?

Message 10 of 13

Hey @Clay, I moved your post to this thread, which you have already commented on. We want to try and keep similar questions in singular threads so it makes it easier for other users to navigate the community. 

Message 11 of 13

Along the same lines as this question- Is there a way to have the suggested tip amount calculated on the total sale instead of just the amount paid via credit card.  Examples-split payments using part cash/gift certificate and part card.  We also use a 3rd party booking system  ( will switch to square when its developed to what I need) where we take a deposit to book (50%).  When a guest pays final bill the suggested tip amount are only on the balance due which is causing a huge decrease in the amount my staff is getting tipped.

Message 12 of 13

Any update on this? Our old system did this and that system was antiquated. 

Message 13 of 13