x

Is there a way to be notified by text or email when someone makes an appointment?

Is there a way to be notified by text or email when someone makes an appointment?  The only notification I am getting is on the dashboard.  I have a lot of appointments and some of them are weeks in advance so I am not likely to see a new appt. on the calendar.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 55
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Great question Greg! All of your staff notifications are managed directly in the individual staff profile in your Appointments Dashboard. You can choose to be notified of new appointments by text, email or both! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

HI Chad, thank you.

But no, it's not what I was looking for. My staff set appointments for me. I get the original notification, but I'm looking to also get a reminder notification when it appointment is upcoming. Maybe an hour or 30 min prior

Message 43 of 55

I see what you mean now @mmcalister. Currently we don't offer this, but I'll make sure to share your request with the Appointments Team! 

Message 44 of 55

I have the same concern as @mmcallister .

This is a serious flaw with Square scheduling software and I hope it is addressed soon. it is important for practitioners to receive notifications prior to appointments.

At the very least we should get a copy in our inbox of the reminder our clients receive.

Ideally we should be able to schedule notifications that work for us, as we can do on, for example, Google Calendar.

Thank you for looking into this.

Message 45 of 55

Hi what do you do when you stop receiving text when people book appointments.

Message 46 of 55
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Mskeys89! Welcome to the Seller Community. 

Did you check your settings to make sure you have the notifications turned on still?

If so, reach out to our Support Team so they can take a closer look into this. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 47 of 55

I can see on my calendar the pending appointment but i am not receiving a notification when someone initially books. I would like a text notification so i can immediately accept/ deny the appointment request.

Message 48 of 55
Admin

Hi there @allison23

Take a look at this thread where I merged your question to. Puka walks through instructions on where to set up your staff notifications.

Hoping this helps!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 49 of 55

I have follow the procedures above.. They are still not texting/email to me .. 

Message 50 of 55
Admin

Hey @yprice!

Sorry to hear that. Can you take a look at these instructions again? Let me know if those do or do not work for you. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 51 of 55

This (lack of) feature is the only thing holding me back from joining Square Appointments.  I have a mobile hair and makeup business taking care of weddings.  My staff do not have regular hours, so I feel like I need to send reminders to everyone for every appointment.  With my team and business growing, this is very time consuming.  Other platforms have staff reminders, and I'm currently using Acuity, just for this reason.  With Acuity, my staff are reminded 24 hours before and 1.5 hours before each appointment by email and text.  

Message 52 of 55
Beta Member

I agree! They have the ability to specify whether the appointment is at my business or a customer's location which would imply an on-site visit, but there are no notifications sent to the person conducting the visit prior to. We do installations at customer's homes and businesses and have to make sure to check the calendar constantly or set calendar alerts manually. They should simply copy the reminders to the associated staff member. Hopefully they will add soon!

Message 53 of 55

4 years later and this still hasn't happened. 

Message 54 of 55

I started this request 4 years ago and it still hasn’t happened.  This cannot be that difficult!  Come on, Square!

Message 55 of 55