x

Is there a way to create set amount e-gift cards?

I need to create e-gift cards for the amounts of $85 and $125 only.  I dont want a client to have to purchase a $100 card for an $85 service (they may not want to come back/be able to come back), nor do i want someone to purchase the $75 card and make up the difference with $10 cash, or whatever other method of payment (if it is supposed to be a gift, that would be lame).  I dont want to create the cards i sell in store, because i already have gift certificates i can issue in house.  I'm strictly looking for a way to create and track e-gift cards for the two price points i offer services at ($85 and $125).  I cant seem to find any options for this.  Is it possible within square?  am i missing something?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @mtorreslmt, welcome and thanks for bringing this up.

I see what you mean — you can select preset eGift Card amounts from your Gift Cards tab > Configure Order Page, but the ability to set restricted custom amounts for specific services as you've described isn't available.

While we don't have a workaround for this right now, rest assured that I'll share your post with our Product Liaison team. We'll be iterating on this new feature based on seller feedback, so please don't hesitate to point out anything else that comes up. Appreciate your patience as we work to improve! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 3

I agree that this is needed, big hold up for our potential launch. Thank you.

Message 3 of 3